- Oregano – 1 tsp. contains 6 micrograms of vitamin K and the same amount of antioxidants as 3 cups of spinach! Stir in soup, shake on pizza, or add to your favorite pasta sauce.
- Cinnamon – The antioxidant compounds in cinnamon help prevent hunger cravings by improving the way your cells metabolize glucose. Add a dash of cinnamon to your sweet potatoes, coffee, or water.
- Cayenne Pepper – This spice contains Capsaicin, which helps turn up your body’s thermostat & revs up your metabolism to help burn extra calories. Stir in to your favorite guacamole recipe, hummus, or shake on popcorn.
- Ginger – This awesome spice helps settle upset stomachs and can also lessen workout-induced soreness. Add 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger to pancake batter, peanut butter, or sprinkle over vanilla frozen yogurt.
- Nutmeg – Nutmeg can help prevent cavities. Add 1/4 tsp to ground coffee for a hint of sweetness.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
Heat olive oil, red pepper flakes, and oregano in small sauce pan over medium-low heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant.