It’s that time of year again, the time for baking yummy cookies and for BIG giveaways! I am so happy to be part of the “Sweetest Season Cookies” week and giveaway along with a slew of my fellow food bloggers. We have all chipped in to bring you a fantastic prize package and kept our kitchens warm & cozy baking up hundreds of awesome cookies that you can make for the holidays like these easy Mint Chip Cookies!
And you can’t get any easier than these cookies!. They start out with a cake mix which pretty much does away with measuring flour, sugar, baking soda and salt and brings it down to a few liquid ingredients. And the best part about it – they’re absolutely amazing!
Full of Andes mint chips, which if you’ve never had them, are a delicious blend of chocolate and mint that definitely says “Christmas”! They go perfectly with a glass of milk for an after school treat or a hot cup of coffee for that mid-morning pick-me-up.
I colored mine with a little green food coloring to make them more holiday-ish but I think I would deepen the color a little more when I make them again (which looks like it might be soon since they are almost all gone!) . Hey wait, save one for me!
Mint Chip Cookies
- 1 15.25-oz boxed white cake mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Green food coloring (optional0
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups Andes Creme de Menthe Baking chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix with butter, egg and extract. Stir with spoon to mix well. Add food coloring until desired color is reached. Stir in baking chips.
Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, place mounds of dough 2″ apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press down slightly with back of spoon.
Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake as cookies will turn crisper as they cool.
Place cookie sheets on wire racks for 3-5 minutes then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen.
IT’S A GIVEAWAY!
The Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange Week is upon us, friends, and I could not be more excited!
60+ blog friends are sharing gorgeous cookie recipes from today through next Saturday, and today, I’ve teamed up with 50 other bloggers to bring you The Sweetest Season’s Sweetest Cookie Giveaway! We’ve put together an incredible cookie baking prize package, and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.
row two: The Speckled Palate | The Gift of Gab | think fruitful | Majorly Delicious | Sugar Dish Me | An Oregon Cottage | A Savory Feast | The Foodie Patootie | Twin Stripe | Hidden Fruits and Veggies
row three: Appeasing a Food Geek | DC Girl in Pearls | Bessie Bakes | Brunch with Joy | Cooking With Libby | 2 Cookin Mamas | Lou Lou Biscuit | Me and My Pink Mixer | Wetherills Say I Do | The Little Epicurean |
row four: The Emotional Baker | Cake ‘n Knife | Glisten and Grace | Meredith Noelle | The Secret Ingredient [is love] | SammaSpot | Hey There Sunshine | Natasha Red Blog | Flavors & Sabores | Macheesmo
row five: Beer Girl Cooks | My California Roots | Butchers Niche | The Skinny Pot | Sustaining the Powers | Feast + West | Not Your Average Southern Belle | Vanilla And Bean | Our Life Inspired | That Square Plate
Be sure to check out our blogs to see all of our cookie recipes throughout the week! We’re using the hashtag #sweetestseasoncookies on social media this week, and we’re joining even more bloggers baking cookies, so it’s going to be a grand time!
Now, on to the giveaway!
A whopping 51 bloggers teamed up to bring you an awesome cookie-centric giveaway! We picked out a stand mixer and other goodies to make baking this season go smoothly. And, a big thank you goes out to the generous sponsors who helped with The Sweetest Season by organizing, as well as providing products to the participating bloggers and donating some incredible prizes for our giveaway! Be sure to check out Imperial Sugar, Dixie Crystals, Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery and The Crumby Cupcake for lots of great recipe ideas. And check out Garnishing Co., who designed our graphics.
We’re giving away The Sweetest Cookie Prize Pack, and it is worth $690! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set of cookie baking goodies. The prize pack includes:
- One KitchenAid 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series Stand Mixer with Glass Bowl in Sugar Pearl Silver // $315 value
- One $50 Bob’s Red Mill gift card and one exclusive set of Bob’s Red Mill products: One 5-lb. bag Organic All Purpose Flour, one 5-lb. bag Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, one 40-oz. bag Almond Meal, one 28-oz. bag Sparkling Sugar, one 28-oz. bag Cane Sugar // $95 value
- Two 4-lb. bags of Imperial Sugar/Dixie Crystals granulated sugar, one My First Cookbook and a silicone baking mat // $50 value
- Coupons for $40 worth of Cabot Creamery products, including butter and yogurt // $40 value
- One OXO Good Grips 5-Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl // $35 value
- One Jenaluca Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop // $33 value
- One 2-piece Calphalon Nonstick Baking Sheet Set // $30 value
- One 10” x 15” Stainless Steel Metal Cooling Rack // $25 value
- One 7-piece OXO Good Grips Multi-colored Nesting Measuring Beaker Set // $20 value
- One GIR: Get It Right Ultimate Spatula in Gray // $19 value
- One 5-piece R & M Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set // $10 value
- One OXO Good Grips 11” Balloon Whisk // $10 value
- One OXO Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula // $8 value
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 65 total entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST. One winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $690. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of December 5, 2015.
- To read all giveaway terms and conditions, visit the giveaway terms and conditions page or click the option in the Rafflecopter below to review them.