Trying to be a little healthy on vacation, SAY WHAT? Yep, I did say trying right? But what is being in Margaritaville (Key West) without a few
dozen margaritas? At least I can start my day off right with a delicious margarita smoothie even though the rest of the day and evening will be full of cheeseburgers in paradise, pina coladas and the real deal margaritas. 🙂
This smoothie can be made either with or without a frozen banana, just add more ice for a thicker, more slushie drink. I added Greek yogurt and protein powder to make it a more balanced healthy smoothie even though it gives the margarita a little creamier taste. Give it a try and let me know if it makes you dream of islands and palm trees.
Wish you were here!
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 5-1/2 to 6-oz Key Lime Greek yogurt (look for reduced fat variety, I like Chobani Simply 100)
- 3-4 Tablespoons agave nectar, sweeten to taste
- 1/2-1 frozen banana (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Ice to thicken (optional)
Add all ingredients to blender except ice. Puree until smooth then add enough ice to bring it to desired consistency.
Note: You can freeze the lime, lemon and orange juice to the slushy stage & you will get a thicker smoothie without the use of ice.