This post, featuring our Mini Citrus Honey Cheesecakes, is a sponsored post on behalf of The French Farm. It’s the perfect single serving dessert for summer with the fresh taste of oranges, lemons and limes in a creamy, honey-flavored cheesecake. This recipe and all opinions expressed herein are my own.
#CookoutWeek has been a blast. There have been so many delicious recipes that I think I’ll need more than a few BBQs to try them all out. I seem to have gone from the cocktail round, with my Whipped Blood Orange Tini, right to dessert. Ummm, maybe there’s something to my thinking. Of course with all the great options for cookouts below I think I’ll stick with a main course too.
I love any flavor cheesecake, whether it’s my New York-style Cherry Cheesecake or my copycat Carrot Cake Cheesecake, so when I received a jar of Bernard Michaud Wildlfower Honey from Pyrenees Mountains from The French Farm I knew just what I was going to make. Yep, a honey cheesecake! But not just any ole cheesecake, nope, but lots of mini honey cheesecakes perfect for a grab & eat barbecue scene.
Of course, a Florida BBQ wouldn’t be complete without some type of citrus, so I added lots of flavor from the juice and zest or oranges, lemons and limes. And the citrus is so colorful that I used them for decoration too. Don’t they look pretty & so delicious?
Now you’re probably thinking they are hard to make and take too much time. Wrong! These little minis are actually quite simple to make and only take 20 minutes to bake.
First, there’s an easy crust. Just mix vanilla wafer crumbs, sugar and butter then press into the bottom of the muffins cups. Bake for 8 minutes while you mix up the cheesecake batter.
Now beat the cream cheese, add the Wildflower Honey, eggs and sour cream, then the sweet juice & colorful zest of the citrus, mix well and pour over the cookie crust.
Bake 20 minutes, let cool, chill for a few hours then decorate as desired. I used whipped cream (easy if you use a canned refrigerated variety), small slices of the fruit & sprigs of mint. That’s it!
Of course, seeing how much I love all the French Farm products, I also topped some of them with lemon curd & Blood Orange Marmalade, giving them either a little more sweetness or a touch of tartness. They’re all good!
Now I know, looking at those delicious little indulgences, it’s hard to wait for them to cool before you snatch one up, but try. ‘Cause look what deliciousness awaits you on your first bite. You’ll taste cool creaminess, the sweetness of the honey and the sweet and tart of the citrus. It really is a great combination!
They look really pretty on your barbecue buffet table too. And you won’t even need forks, just let everyone grab one and dive in. Hope you enjoy & have a fun-filled, delicious 4th! Don’t forget to hurry & enter the contest below as it’s over July 1st. Good luck!
As one of the bonus entries in the giveaway, leave a comment on this blog post and let us know what your favorite dish is to have at a cookout?
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This prize pack has a retail value of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media.
Check out all the delicious cookout recipes below & come back tomorrow for the final wrap up!