I received a complimentary copy of 30 Days To A New You to review and, after reading it, I just had to make this delicious & healthy Sausage & Veggie Frittata. Now I feel like I’m on the right road to a healthier me. As always all opinions are 100% my own.
I was so excited to receive a copy of Christina’s new book, 30 Days To A New You, just in time to start my healthier way of eating in 2016. As you know, Christina is the other Cookin’ Mama on our site, but the blog has taken a back seat while she pursues her new career as a certified nutritionist, personal trainer, DDP yoga instructor and author. She wrote this book to share her journey and knowledge gained on how to become healthier, happier and more fit.
She wasn’t always healthy and fit. She battled being overweight and unhealthy until she took control of her life to become a fit, happy and healthier person. Who better to take advice than from someone who has been through it all and came out on top!
This book is a call to action to take back your life. Christina teaches you how to get started to being healthier in a thoroughly enjoyable read. Her upbeat personality and her drive to help others clearly shows through in every page. Included are healthier eating habits, including a 30 day meal plan, some super delicious and easy recipes, such as this Sausage Frittata that I am sharing with you today, and even how to eat when you dine out.
She instructs you on how to read food labels to buy the healthiest products and gives you a few tricks on how to shop. And there’s even a secret support Facebook group where you can go for questions and advice.
I can’t say enough on how this book has spurred my husband and I to take up the 30-day challenge and start the new year off on the right foot. It’s only been 3 days but we can feel the benefits starting to kick in! I’ll keep you posted on our progress as we move into each week!
So if you want to feel better, have more energy and get healthy I would definitely recommend this book. Check it out here – you won’t be sorry!
Enjoy the recipe!
30 Days to a New You is a great book to help you improve your health. This recipe for a Sausage & Veggie Frittata is a great way to get started.
- 1/2 lb. breakfast sausage
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bell peppers, any color, diced
- 1/2 shallot, chopped (I used 1/2 cup onion, chopped)
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup manchego, shredded (I used sharp cheddar)
- 9-12 eggs, beaten
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, cook sausage thoroughly, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain and transfer to bowl.
- Wipe out skillet and heat oil in skillet. Add sweet potatoes sprinkled with cinnamon and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions to pan and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add sausage to pan, stir, then sprinkle cheese over top and let cook, without stirring, for 1-2 more minutes.
- Season beaten eggs with salt & pepper and pour slowly over sausage-veggie mixture in pan.Let sit for 2 minutes then transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly for easier cutting.
I placed the remaining 2 servings of the frittata in refrigerator to solidify then wrapped each serving in plastic wrap to freeze for breakfast during the week ahead. It takes about 2 minutes to reheat on a plate in the microwave. Perfect for grabbing on the way out the door for work.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!