Barnie’s Coffee Kitchen was nice enough to send me a few samples of their new Brewsticks prior to the FLBlogCon conference. Brewsticks, which are small packets of concentrated liquid coffee, are poured into a mug of hot water and quickly make a single serving of, what tastes like, fresh brewed coffee. I had never seen anything like this before and I wasn’t sure what to think of a coffee in this form. However, when I made my first cup of coffee with it, the taste was spot on, delicious and fresh tasting.
When I realized how tasty the coffee was I decided to try my hand at a coffee smoothie, always my go-to in the morning. This smoothie was made with Barnie’s Hawaiian Hazelnut flavor but I am dying to try it with the Creme Brulee too. Hope you enjoy!
Hawaiian Hazelnut Mocha Smoothie
- 1 pkg Barnie’s Coffee Kitchen Hawaiian Hazelnut Brewsticks
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk (I tried it with coconut hazelnut coffee creamer too – yum!)
- 1 teaspoon dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a coffee mug or tall glass and enjoy.
Like more smoothie recipes? Subscribe here and join our growing list of fellow bakers and, next week, get the first of many recipe roundups.