Having a picky eater always makes dinner a challenge. To make tonight’s dinner ‘kid friendly’ I took the traditional meatloaf and turned them into ‘mini meatloaves’ and added some ranch smashed potatoes that anyone would love. Coupled with a ham & cucumber salad, the dinner turned out to be a success! Oh, and it’s gluten-free too! 🙂 Win-Win!
Yields: 12 mini meatloaves
- 1.5 grass-fed, organic ground beef
- 1/2 large while onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Dash of hot sauce, optional
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Spray muffin tin with gluten-free non-stick cooking spray.
Place ground beef in large mixing bowl. Add in grated onion, carrot, & garlic and mix. Add in salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, and egg. Mix with hands until blended well. Portion mixture into muffin pan evenly.
In small bowl, mix together ketchup, honey, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce (if desired). Spoon on top of each mini loaf and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk of choice
- 1/2 packet Hidden Valley GF Original Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 2 tbsp. dairy free butter substitute
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
Scrub potatoes with vegetable brush and cut into 1″ chunks. Add potatoes to large pot of salted water, cover, and bring to a boil. Cook until tender – approximately 15 minutes.
Drain potatoes and return to hot pot. Smash potatoes with a potato masher and add in milk , ranch mix, and butter. Continue mashing until all ingredients are mixed well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced thin
- 8 oz diced ham
- 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette dressing
Mix all ingredients together in medium-sized bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 25 minutes. Stir well prior to serving.