Your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies dressed up for the holidays! Just add peppermint chips & red and green chocolate chips and you’ve got Christmas cookies everyone will be wild about! Not only that, these Peppermint Chocolate Chip cookies are easy to make & perfect to share with friends & family.
I can’t believe that Christmas is almost here! The days seem filled with baking and shopping, tree trimming and wrapping, not to mention holiday parties and I am enjoying every minute. My kitchen has become my second home trying to get all my goodies baked and packaged to share with my neighbors and family. So far the favorites in our house have been Pecan Turtle Cookies, Chocolate Peppermint Drops and these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies (judging by there only being crumbs left in the cookie tins).
One of the things I like best about baking all these goodies is how wonderful the house smells. And there is nothing better than the smell of peppermint to bring the season to mind. Of course, adding chocolate only makes it even better, right?! These cookies are a variation of our favorite chocolate chip cookies with the added crunch of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips. (Love the person that thought of introducing these little tasty tidbits to the shelves.) They are quick and easy to make and would be the perfect cookie for shipping to faraway family and friends.
And being the season of giving, Chris and I got together with our fellow bloggers and put together a giveaway with some much needed holiday cash. After all, who doesn’t need a little extra help around Christmas time. Check in below and enter for your chance to win!
Hope your holidays are sweet and tasty! Enjoy!
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (multi-colored are pretty if you can find them)
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Continue to beat, adding vanilla and then eggs, one at a time. Beat until creamy and well incorporated.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and peppermint chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, drop a tablespoon of dough on ungreased cookie sheets, spacing about 2" apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool about 5 minutes on cookie sheets then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
What flavor reminds you most of Christmas?