Spicy, moist pumpkin chocolate spice bars, dotted with chocolate chips, will have you thinking fall is the best season of all. Quick & easy to make and great for snacks or dessert.
Fall brings to mind Jack-O-Lanterns and pumpkin pie but there are so many more dishes that serve up that great pumpkin flavor. I have been in a pumpkin baking mood and my house is has some delicious aromas coming out of the kitchen. Wish there was smell-o-vision and I could share it with y’all.
Not to be outdone, I just had to make these super easy and delicious Pumpkin Spice Bars with chocolate chips. The chips are totally optionally but who doesn’t want to add chocolate to anything and everything? Just look at how easy this recipe is.
Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside. Cream the sugar and butter & add pumpkin.
Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips, mix and bake.
Now just wait for the delicious smells that will come floating out of your kitchen. They will definitely have you drooling! You might not even be able to wait for them to cool before grabbing a little bite. But wait ‘cause they are so good when cut and eaten at room temp.
They’re perfect for an after-school snack, a dessert with a little ice cream on top (just sayin’) or that morning coffee break with friends. Whatever way you have them, you’ll want to put these Pumpkin Chocolate Spice Bars on your list to make every fall. Enjoy!
Bar Cookies for a Delicious Fall
Cinnamon Hello Dolly Bars from 2CM
Chocolate Mint Cookie Bars from 2CM
S’mores Cookie Bars from Serena Bakes
Caramel Apple Bars from 2CM
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix together flour, spices, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on high until smooth.
- Continue beating while adding egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
- Lower mixer speed and beat in flour-spice mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool bars in pan on wire rack. When cool, turn out of pan and cut into squares.
I bought these wire racks for baking and I love them. Nothing sticks to them and the grid is small enough that your cookies won’t fall through like some of the other racks. Check them out here.