These easy layered Cinnamon Apple Hello Dolly Bars are all about the scrumptiousness of fall rolled into one. They’re like a cross between pecan pie and caramel apples with a cinnamon twist. A crunchy graham crust is layered with cinnamon and butterscotch chips, apples and pecans then drizzled with sweetened condensed milk for a bite of fall heaven!
Happy November! Fall has finally arrived and I’m especially enjoying being able to experience it first hand in my new home state of Georgia. The leaves are all starting to turn and the cooler weather has arrived, making me think of apples, cider, lots of cinnamon and caramel delights. Hence these quick and easy Cinnamon Apple Hello Dolly Bars, aka Magic Bars, with a twist for fall.
There are only 8 simple ingredients in these magic bar cookies and it is technically like a dump and bake. After mixing the graham crust, the ingredients just get sprinkled on top of one another. Then the magic ingredient that makes everything delicious is poured over it all – sweetened condensed milk! Anyone can make this recipe AND you’ll get rave reviews, I promise.
FAQs About Hello Dolly Bars
- In its original form, these bars are known as 7-layer bars or magic bars.
- The original version uses chocolate chips in lieu of cinnamon chips and walnut instead of pecans. The apples are my addition to celebrate fall.
- The recipe dates back to 1964 when Hello Dolly with Carol Channing debuted on Broadway.
How To Make Cinnamon Apple Hello Dolly Bars
Place graham cracker crumbs in medium bowl. Melt butter and mix with crumbs.
Pat into prepared pan to cover bottom.
Sprinkle butterscotch chips on top.
Next spread coconut flakes on top of butterscotch chips then sprinkle with cinnamon chips.
Chop apples, sprinkle over coconut then top with chopped pecans.
Finally, pour condensed milk over all.
Ready to bake.
Bake for 40-45 minutes and let cool in pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to cutting into bars.
Take one bite and you’ll think pecan pie, caramel apples with a cinnamon twist. There’s a crunch from the graham cracker base and the caramelized pecans then you’re hit with the sweet apples melted into the cinnamon and butterscotch chips. It’s like fall heaven! Great for Thanksgiving and holiday gatherings. Enjoy!
More Scrumptious Bar Cookies
Caramel Apple Bars from 2CM
Creme Brûlée Cheesecake Bars from 2CM
Chocolate Toffee Bars from Miss in the Kitchen
Shortcut Millionaire Cookie Bars from 2CM
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
- 2 cups graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and chopped (2-3 apples)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick spray. Line bottom with parchment paper that comes up long sides to make the bars easier to lift out. Spray parchment paper with nonstick spray as well.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in medium bowl.
- Melt butter and mix with crumbs. Pat into prepared pan to cover bottom.
- Sprinkle butterscotch chips on top.
- Next spread coconut flakes on top of butterscotch chips.
- Add cinnamon chips evenly over coconut.
- Chop apples and sprinkle over coconut.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Finally, pour condensed milk over all.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack. Finish with an hour or two in refrigerator to make them easier to cut.
- When ready to serve, lift out of pan and onto wooden cutting board. Cut into 24 bars.
Ways to Make Hello Dolly Bars Your Own
- Use chocolate chips instead of cinnamon chips.
- Use white and dark chocolate chips in lieu of cinnamon and butterscotch chips.
- Leave off apples all together.