These easy to make Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bars are a great addition to your holiday cookie list. Rich, creamy cheesecake is set on a vanilla sugar cookie crust then topped with sweet toffee pieces. It’s like sugar cookie met cheesecake and had a baby! Delicious enough for dessert or a rich snack.
I can’t believe that it’s almost Christmas! Where has the year gone? But I’m so glad it’s here because it’s definitely my favorite time of year. I love sharing the time with family and friends and this year will be special since my son’s family and my husband and I are all going to spend Christmas at my daughter’s house. It should be days full of enjoying the grandkids and maybe a few peaceful moments with my kids.
One of my favorite things to do is bake up special treats to share with close friends neighbors and, of course, my family. Cookie tins full of deliciousness, Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies, Double Chocolate Mint Cookies and Almond Cloud Cookies along with family favorites like Peanut Brittle, and Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Bars.
This particular recipe, originally from the Betty Crocker website, looked so good I just had to try it. What could be better than cream cheese, toffee and sugar cookies? Um, nothing! And starting with a package sugar cookie mix and some vanilla pudding made these easy and super quick to whip up.
Just a few simple steps to make these Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bars.
- Combine sugar cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, vanilla extract and egg in bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir.
- Pat dough into bottom of prepared 9×13-inch pan.
- Cream cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, egg yolks and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Pour batter over prepared cookie crust.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle on whole or crushed toffee bits. Let rest 30 minutes then chill for 3 hours prior to cutting into bars.
Don’t these look absolutely mouthwatering?
Believe me, these little bars pack a big rich, delicious taste. What you get is a crispy cookie layer, a creamy custardy cheesecake layer and a rich, sweet toffee topping delivering it’s own crunch. If you are a cheesecake or creme brulee fan, these Creme Brulee Cheesecake bars are the perfect addition to your Christmas baking. Enjoy!
These easy to make Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bars are a great addition to your holiday cookie list. Rich, creamy cheesecake is set on a vanilla sugar cookie crust then topped with sweet toffee pieces. It's like sugar cookie met cheesecake and had a baby!
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix 1 lb. 1.5 oz found in cookie or baking aisle
- 1 box Vanilla Instant Pudding 4-serving size
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 16 oz cream cheese softened (2 pkgs)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 oz toffee bits You can also crush the toffee bits using a rolling pin & a ziploc bag
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment. The parchment should stick up above the edge of the pan to help to lift the cookies out.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, melted butter, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and 1 whole egg until soft dough forms.
- Press dough in bottom and 1/2″ up sides of pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar with mixer until smooth.
- Add remaining whole egg, 3 egg yolks and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Pour over sugar cookie crust and level out.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is set.
Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle top with whole or crushed toffee bits. (Toffee bits can be crushed with rolling pin in ziploc bag)
- Cool 30 minutes then place in refrigerate for about 3 hours or until chilled.
- Cut into bars, 5 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
This post has been updated. It was originally published on September 2, 2014.