Whip up this healthy strawberry salad with chicken, avocado, and bacon with the help of rotisserie chicken & fresh seasonal strawberries. It's quick & easy and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Here in Florida we still have strawberries by the carton-full on sale in our stores. They are so sweet and delicious now that you can make anything with them and it will be fantastic!
I have made pancakes & waffles with strawberry topping, yogurt parfaits for breakfast and dessert. My favorites are strawberry banana smoothie bowl, strawberry shortcake bundt cake, strawberry banana muffins, and strawberry lemonade.
This recipe today is quick and easy and full of lean protein, vitamins, minerals and healthy fat. It is hard to go wrong with a salad that has a mix of everyone's favorite fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
And buying a rotisserie chicken cuts down on the time substantially and lets you get it on the table in less than 30 minutes. What mom wouldn't love that?
All you need to do is chop the chicken and slice the strawberries, cucumber, and bell pepper. Then mix with greens and goat cheese and, just before serving, top with sliced avocado, candied almonds, and your favorite vinaigrette.
I love the flavor the raspberry vinaigrette adds to the freshness of the salad but really any nice light dressing will work. The bacon, which can be sprinkled on top, is totally optional but it gives the salad a little salty taste which is a nice addition to the sweet.
This strawberry chicken salad really is perfect for summer! Enjoy!
Try my strawberry and blueberry salad with almonds for another wonderful summer salad.
Find lots of healthy salad recipes here on 2CM!
Strawberry Salad with Chicken Avocado and Bacon
- 4-5 handfuls mixed greens or a combination with spinach
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1-½ cups cooked chicken, chopped (I used a rotisserie chicken or you can use leftover chicken or turkey)
- 1-½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ⅓ cup goat, feta or blue cheese
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds, candied (see note)
- Favorite raspberry vinaigrette or your own fantastic dressing
- Place the greens in a bowl.
- Top with remaining ingredients. Toss well.
- Serve with your favorite dressing on the side.
- Best if served immediately.
This post has been updated and was first published on May 2, 2018.
DON'T MISS A RECIPE!