This Fudge Truffle Cheesecake is a rich, decadent, dark chocolate cheesecake with just a hint of coffee flavor. Chocolate and cheesecake lovers alike won’t be able to get enough of this creamy fudgy dessert. A combination of dark chocolate and cream cheese creates a decadent velvety smooth filling that sits atop a cocoa-enriched vanilla wafer crust. Sure to impress for that special occasion or make it just to treat yourself. Everyone deserves a slice of dessert heaven!
Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
I thought I might have died and gone to heaven when this fudge truffle cheesecake was placed in front of me. My sweet sister made this scrumptious delight when I visited her and every bite was truly drool-worthy! It has a dense rich texture full of decadent dark chocolate and just a hint of coffee flavor that puts it over the top! Oh and I can’t forget the chocolate crumb crust that brings the whole chocolate lover flavor up a notch.
This dessert looks spectacular on any dessert table and is sure to impress your guests. Now, I know what you’re thinking, I can’t make cheesecakes they’re too hard to make! But I’m telling you, this one is one of those no-fail cheesecakes that anyone can make. Just follow the step-by-step and you’ll fall in love with this dessert that you can pull off for any occasion.
Steps to Make Fudge Truffle Cheesecake
Making Chocolate Wafer Crust
- Gather ingredients – vanilla wafer crumbs, melted butter, cocoa powder and powdered sugar. (photo 1)
- Stir together in medium bowl. (photo 2)
- Press into bottom of a parchment-lined springform pan. (photo 3)
- Ready for filling. Set aside. (photo 4)
Making Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake Filling
- Chop chocolate and allow cream cheese and eggs to come to room temperature. Have Kahlua, condensed milk and vanilla ready. (photo 1)
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. (photo 2)
- Gradually add in condensed milk until incorporated. (photo 3)
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments. Stir and return to microwave for another 30 seconds. When most of the chocolate has melted just continue to stir until smooth. Do not heat too much in microwave or it will scorch and dry out. Add slightly cooled chocolate to cream cheese mixture. (photo 4)
- Add eggs, liqueur and vanilla. (photo 5)
- Beat until smooth and creamy. (photo 6)
Pro-Tip: Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature before beating to make the smoothest cheesecake possible.
- Pour cheesecake batter into chocolate crust.
- Bake 65 minutes or until center is set then remove to wire rack. Run knife around pan to loosen cake from edges, then let cheesecake cool completely.
Take a bite and, ummm, I can hear you moaning with pure enjoyment. Isn’t this chocolate truffle cheesecake unbelievably smooth, rich and divine? It never ceases to amaze me how many people ask that I make this for dessert. I even had one couple ask if I would cater their wedding after tasting it. Now that’s what I call a compliment!
I love to decorate this chocolate fudge cheesecake with fresh fruit and mint leaves and a dollop of whipped cream when I serve it. Go ahead and treat yourself, you won’t regret it!
Love Cheesecake? Give these a closer look!
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake – creamy and rich with all the fresh flavors of summer.
Marble Cheesecake – the best of both worlds!
Margarita Cheesecake – for the margarita lover in all of us.
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Fudge Truffle Cheesecake is a rich, decadent, dark chocolate cheesecake with just a hint of coffee flavor. Impress your guests with this easy to make creamy dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa (I used Hersheys dark)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups dark chocolate, chopped (12-oz)
- 24 oz cream cheese softened (3 8-oz pkgs)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, powdered sugar, cocoa and melted butter.
Line the bottom of a springform pan with a circle of parchment paper. Press the wafer crumbs firmly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments. Stir and return to microwave for another 30 seconds. When most of the chocolate has melted just continue to stir until smooth. Do not heat too much in microwave or it will scorch and dry out.
In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
Gradually add in condensed milk until incorporated.
Add melted chocolate, eggs, liqueur and vanilla and mix well.
Pour into chocolate crust.
Bake 65 minutes or until center is set.
Remove to wire rack, run knife around pan to loosen cake from edges, then let cheesecake cool completely.
Remove sides of pan and refrigerate.
Garnish cheesecake with fresh fruit and mint leaves. When serving, add a dollop of whipped cream to each slice and top with slice of fruit.
This post has been updated with new photos and step-by-step instructions to make this the easiest and best cheesecake you’ve ever tasted. It was first published on October 10, 2014.