A delicious and easy Spicy Chicken Burger with Sriracha Aioli that is both hearty and gluten free. A spicy Chicken Burger is nestled on slices of toasted gluten free bread then topped with avocado, sprouts and a creamy Sriracha aioli. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
This post is sponsored by Udi’s® Gluten Free. All comments and opinions are my own.
I’m always looking for new sandwiches for lunch and it’s great when I can find a deliciously tasty gluten free one that I can share with my daughter. Whipping up this Spicy Chicken Burger with Sriracha Aioli turned out to be the smartest thing I have done so far this year.
I made these burgers for dinner last night and my husband just flipped over them. He said it was one of the best chicken burgers he has ever had! And he loved the aioli! Of course, the Udi’s® Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread must have had something to do with that.
Udi’s Gluten Free Breads are game changers. The bread is surprisingly hearty and has the soft texture of standard bread. It’s also one of the first gluten free breads where the slice is the perfect size for sandwiches. Yay! It’s a 30% larger slice on their 24 oz loaves and mirrors conventional sandwich bread.
I found the Multigrain Bread in the freezer section at my local Publix. I love that it’s frozen as I can take out what I want as I need it without worrying that the loaf will get stale before I can use it all up. I found they also offer a White Sandwich Bread, Ancient Grain Omega Flax & Fiber Bread, Ancient Grain Millet-Chia Bread as well as a Rye Style Bread. All are gluten free as well as dairy and nut free.
This year it’s time to renew my commitment to good eating habits and exercise. This sandwich helps by offering a low-fat, high protein option with ground chicken, avocado for good fats, sprouts for folates, vitamins and fiber and Udi’s Gluten Free bread with 8 grams of whole grains per serving as well as vitamins and minerals. It’s the perfect lunch to refuel after my morning exercise or give me the energy for an afternoon run.
Here’s what you need to make this recipe.
A large griddle/skillet or grill
1 pound ground chicken
Udi’s Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread
Gluten free taco seasoning or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Salt & pepper
Broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
Lettuce & Tomatoes
Check out the easy steps to make my Spicy Chicken Burger with Sriracha Aioli.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken with minced garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, taco seasoning, lime juice, ground Udi’s Gluten Free bread (for bread crumbs) and salt & pepper.
- Mix well.
- Form into 4 patties the same size as Udi’s Gluten Free Bread.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Coat one side of each slice of bread with a little olive oil and place in pan to brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add a little more olive oil to griddle and cook chicken burgers for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
Now comes the good part – putting this big juicy burger sandwich together.
- While burgers are cooking, mix mayonnaise, or you can even use avocado, with Sriracha and a little lime juice and stir. Set aside.
- Lay Udi’s bread with the toasted side down and spread with Sriracha aioli.
- On the other slice, place the burger and top with smashed avocado.
- Top with sprouts.
- Add lettuce and tomato to aioli side and put the sandwich together.
Doesn’t that make you want to take a bite out of it right now?! They take less than 30 minutes from start to finish so what are you waiting for? This sandwich is great for the whole family. It’s moist, filling and simply delicious! And it’s a great time to give this deliciously tasty gluten free bread a try. You can save $1.30 on Udi’s Gluten Free Bread at Publix from 1/6/19 – 3/10/19 (while supplies last). Click here for savings and make sure to redeem by 3/24/19.
Get fueled and start your new year on the right foot. Enjoy!
This Spicy Chicken Burger with Sriracha Aioli is hearty & gluten free. Place on Udi's bread & top with avocado & sprouts for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- 8 slices Udi’s Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread
- Olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 slice Udi’s Multigrain Bread (made into bread crumbs) (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 jalapeño minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon gluten free taco seasoning or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise or avocado
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
- 2 avocados smashed
- Lettuce & sliced tomatoes
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for chicken burgers together. Divide into 4 patties. I made mine rectangular to fit onto shape of bread.
In a small bowl, mix aioli ingredients and set aside.
Heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Spread olive oil on one side of each slice of bread. Place olive oil side down and toast until browned. Remove from griddle.
Place burgers on hot griddle and cook 10-12 minutes or until cooked completely through, turning once halfway through.
Place bread slice toasted side down on plate.
Spread with aioli and top with one chicken burger.
Spread chicken burger with smashed avocado and top with, sprouts, lettuce and a slice of tomato.
Place other toasted bread slice on top, toasted side up and slice in half.
Aioli can be made using an avocado instead of mayonnaise and omit smashed avocado from burger.