A quick and easy chocolate lava mug cake for all chocolate lovers. Mix all ingredients in a mug, pop in the microwave and it's ready in less than a minute! What comes out is a dense chocolate cake with an incredible liquid chocolate center. Can you say yum!
It's Friday and the perfect time to indulge yourself with chocolate and more chocolate! Now who wouldn't want to do that? I wanted something quick and easy but that would still be rich, gooey and full of chocolate, so I thought I would try making my first mug cake.
A few months ago I made Lava Cakes in ramekins for my anniversary so I thought this would be a great place to start. I looked up a few recipes on line, one being a caramel-flavored mug cake and, after understanding the general idea, took my lava cake recipe and adapted it to make a microwave mug cake version.
One of my husband's and my true indulges is having one Dove Dark Chocolate Promise after dinner every night. It soothes the sweet craving without a lot of calories and the dark chocolate is actually good for you! (That's our excuse and we're sticking to it!) So I had to include these little darlings in my lava cake recipe.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did as we thought it turned out temptingly delicious. Now I just have to keep from making these too often! (groan)
QUICK & EASY CHOCOLATE LAVA MUG CAKES
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 Dove Dark Chocolate Promises, frozen
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Divide between 2 mugs. Push 2 dove chocolates into each mug.
- Microwave each one on high for 50 seconds to 1 minute depending on the wattage of your microwave. Serve immediately.