Crispy Meatball Parmesan Tacos are a delicious dinner or appetizer that will become everyone’s favorite. Parmesan cheese forms a crispy cheesy taco that is filled with a meatball, your favorite spaghetti sauce and a topping of mozzarella cheese. Great for stress-free dinners, game time and snacks. Keto-friendly and gluten-free.
I’ve partnered with Yummly Pro as a paid spokesperson for Prego®. The recipe and opinions stated below are 100% my own.
Who doesn’t love tacos, Italian food and easy dinners? These meatball tacos in crispy Parmesan taco shells check all the boxes. One, the taco shells are made of crispy Parmesan cheese, which gives a whole new meaning to the Mexican staple. Two, delicious meatballs, one of my favorite Italian foods, are covered in thick, flavorful tomato sauce, which just screams comfort food. And three, with only four ingredients, you know they’re super simple to make.
I’m constantly looking for easy-to-make dinners to take a little stress out of my day. Usually 5 o’clock rolls around and I’m nowhere near ready to prepare a meal for the family. So finding a way to make a homemade dinner, not only delicious but one the whole family will eat, is a must.
Meatball Tacos for an easy, stress-free dinner
These meatball tacos, with their crispy Parmesan taco shells and a little help from Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce, did the trick! Everyone dug in, including the kids, and they even asked if we could have them again. Woohoo, score one for mom!
What makes these meatball Parmesan tacos so over-the-top delicious? I think it’s got to be the Prego® Traditional Sauce. You can see how thick and rich it looks, and the flavor is pure homemade goodness. Prego® balances the consistency and the flavor perfectly. In fact, I always keep some in my pantry for when that craving for Italian food hits.
I know you’re drooling right now just looking at those crispy shells and the mouthwatering sauce! And you want to hear some more good news? You can even make the shells ahead of time and store in a resealable plastic bag. They’re good for 3-5 days and it will take a good 20 minutes from your meal prep schedule. Make them on the weekend and you’re all set for Taco Tuesday!
- There are so many ways you can go with these tacos. For example, try using cooked chicken or shrimp in place of the meatballs.
- Add your favorite fajita mix as the filling.
- Just want to make the cheesy taco shells? Go ahead! They’re great crunched up as a topping for salads or just to munch on.
- Leave the Parmesan tacos flat, like a tostada, and use as the base of a salad. Or make them into a bowl using the back side of a muffin pan and eat right out of the bowl. You can also put them in the muffin cups for another way to serve these meatball tacos.
Just four simple ingredients to make these keto-friendly tacos.
All you need are four simple ingredients – frozen meatballs (cooked), mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and delicious Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce.
How to make Parmesan taco shells
- Grate the Parmesan cheese and make piles, using 1/4 cup each. Make sure to place them far enough apart so that they don’t cook together.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until they start to brown around the edges.
- Wait just 30 seconds or so, then lift the cheese tacos off the cookie sheet and place over wire taco holders. You can also use the handle of a thick wooden spoon or use the back side of a muffin pan and form them between the muffin cups. You need to work quickly here before they get too crunchy. Gently press them into a taco shape using a spatula. Let cool.
Assembling meatball tacos
- Once cooled, place on serving dish to prepare just before guests arrive or just prior to dinner. Then cook meatballs in microwave per package instructions, and heat sauce. Grate mozzarella cheese and you’re ready to go.
- Cut a meatball in half and place side by side in the taco shell. Repeat with remaining tacos.
- Spoon some thick, flavorful Prego® sauce over the meatballs.
- Garnish with mozzarella cheese and some chopped basil. Serve immediately.
Whether you serve these tacos as your main meal or as an appetizer at your next get-together, they’ll be gobbled up before you know it. After all, they’ve got the crunch of tacos, plenty of cheesy flavor, everyone’s favorite Italian food – meatballs in sauce – and all in an easy-to-serve holder. Wouldn’t you love these on your dinner table tonight? Enjoy!
More easy dinner recipes
Taco Tortilla Stack is like a deliciously easy, cheesy Mexican Lasagna. Layers of spicy ground beef, creamy guacamole and melty cheese are sandwiched between tortillas and then baked in the oven.
Tuna Noodle Casserole is a delicious and easy comfort food that combines on-hand pantry items with cans of tuna fish and turns them into a creamy, one-dish dinner that will have everyone asking for more!
Mixed Grill Sheet Pan Dinner is a dump-and-bake dinner all on one sheet pan. A medley of shrimp, chicken, chorizo, potatoes and seasonal vegetables that have been tossed with creole spices for one easy-prep, easy-cleanup meal.
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Crispy Meatball Parmesan Tacos
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese must be freshly grated
- 8 frozen meatballs cooked (most can be cooked in the microwave, 8 can be done in about 2-3 minutes)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
- 1/2-3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Using ¼ cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, mound it on the cookie sheet. Repeat with 3 more mounds, spacing them evenly as they will spread quite a bit.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until it starts to brown around the edges and the top turns a light golden color.
- While cooking, get a taco stand or turn over regular muffin pans and spray with nonstick spray.
- Now you have to move fast as they harden rapidly. Remove from the oven, and quickly press each crisp into a taco stand or in-between the muffin cups to form a taco shape. Let cool.
- Repeat with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- When cool these will keep for several days in a resealable plastic bag. However, they are very fragile, so take care when handling.
- When ready to serve, place one meatball, halved into the taco shell. Spoon some warmed Prego sauce over the top then sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese and chopped basil.
- Serve immediately.
- There are so many ways you can go with these tacos. Try using cooked chicken or shrimp in place of the meatballs.
- Add your favorite fajita mix as the filling.
- Just want to make the cheesy taco shells? Go ahead! They're great crunched up as a topping for salads or just to munch on.
- Leave the parmesan tacos flat, like a tostada, and use as the base of a salad. Or make them into a bowl using the back side of a muffin pan and eat right out of it. You can also put them in the muffin cups for another way to serve these meatball tacos.