The ultimate indulgence! This creamy no-bake cheesecake recipe is light and fluffy with a delicious spiced pumpkin cheesecake filling set on a rich chocolate crust. Of course, it's garnished with a drizzle of caramel and chocolate. It really is irresistible!
Table of contents
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Oreo Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Why This is the Best No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- How to Make Pumpkin No Bake Cheesecake
- Halloween Spider Web Cheesecake
- Thanksgiving Cheesecake
- What to Serve with Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Filling Variations
- Crust Variations
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- How to Store
- Pumpkin Recipes You Don't Want To Miss
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Oreo Chocolate Cookie Crust
This is a quick and easy no-bake pumpkin cheesecake that will soon become your favorite fall dessert. It sits on a thick chocolate crust made with Oreo cookies.
Of course, it doesn't stop there! Once sliced, drizzle each piece with salted caramel sauce and dark chocolate.
And let me tell you, it is out of this world stupendous! This pumpkin cheesecake is light and fluffy and tastes awesome with the cookie crust and drizzles. You'll want to eat the whole pie by yourself!
Why This is the Best No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
It has a rich cheesecake consistency with all the wonderful pumpkin pie flavor you could ask for.
Putting this fall no-bake cheesecake on a chocolate cookie crust satisfies both pumpkin and chocolate lovers.
This is the best pumpkin cheesecake recipe ever because it looks and tastes gourmet, but it takes mere minutes to prepare!
If you love chocolate and pumpkin together you can't miss my chocolate pumpkin swiss roll and pumpkin brownies recipes. They're simply scrumptious!
For the chocolate pumpkin cheesecake crust:
- Chocolate Cookies, Oreo cookies recommended
For the pumpkin cheesecake filling:
- Cream Cheese - make sure it is room temperature for better blending
- Powdered Sugar
- Canned Pumpkin Puree - make sure it is pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - for the warm flavors of your favorite pumpkin pie
- Vanilla Extract
- Cool Whip - gives it that creamy, light consistency with no baking needed
How to Make Pumpkin No Bake Cheesecake
So just how easy is this dessert? Check it out:
for chocolate cookie crust
- Crush the chocolate wafer cookies either in a food processor or chopper or in a resealable bag using a rolling pin. I swear by my Ninja chopper which works on anything and everything!
- Add the sugar and sitr.
- Pour in the melted butter.
- Stir until the mixture is moist and sticks together when pinched with your fingers.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared springform pan.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of pan. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees then let cool on a wire rack.
for the pumpkin cheesecake
- Place cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Cream the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Mix until combined and no white streaks are visible. Refrigerate until ready to fill crust.
- Pour mixture into cooled chocolate crust and smooth top.
Remove from pan and place on a round platter. Serve as is or decorate with whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice.
Place in the refrigerator until serving or you get so hungry looking at it that you just can't wait another second to try it.
Halloween Spider Web Cheesecake
It is easy to decorate this creamy cheesecake with a chocolate spider web for Halloween. Here's how:
- Melt ¼ cup of chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish.
- Place the melted chocolate in a small baggie, snip a hole in the corner, and do your artist thing and make a spider web on top.
- Place a plastic spider on top. Voila, instant Halloween dessert!
Want to decorate the cheesecake for Thanksgiving? Use melted chocolate to draw pumpkins and or leaves on top.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Cheesecake
There are many garnishes and toppings that are great for a pumpkin cheesecake. Here are some ideas:
- Caramel Sauce or Salted Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Crumbled Praline or Toffee Candy
- Toasted Chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
It's easy to add more flavor to this no bake pumpkin pie cheesecake. Here are some suggestions:
- Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake - Add 2 tablespoons of bourbon to the filling mixture.
- Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake - Add ½ teaspoon of ground ginger to the filling mixture.
- Pumpkin Maple Cheesecake - Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup OR 1 teaspoon maple flavoring to the filling mixture.
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake - Add ½ cup toasted chopped pecan pieces to the filling mixture. Likewise with walnuts, almonds, or your favorite nuts.
Want something different than a chocolate crust for your pumpkin cheesecake? Try these:
- Gingersnap Crust - Use ginger snap cookies instead of chocolate cookies.
- Graham Cracker Crust - Use graham crackers instead of chocolate cookies.
- Pecan Crust - Substitute the chocolate cookie crumbs with ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs and ¾ cup finely chopped toasted pecans.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
There are several ways you can make individual pumpkin cheesecake instead of a full-size one:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Jar - Sprinkle the crust mixture into the bottom of small mason jars. Use a muddler to press down the crust. Do not bake. Spoon the filling over the crust.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in Muffin Tin - Place foil cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Sprinkle and press the crust mixture into the bottom of each. If you want you can bake the crust at 350°F for 5 minutes then let it cool completely. Spoon the filling over the crust.
- Mini No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake with Graham Cracker Crust - use the premade mini graham cracker pie crusts.
How to Store
Pumpkin no bake cheesecake should be stored in the refrigerator. Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight storage container. It will last up to 5 days.
To Freeze: Wrap the cheesecake first with a layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil. Freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight.
Pumpkin Recipes You Don't Want To Miss
- Chocolate Pumpkin Swiss Roll has a spongy chocolate cake wrapped around pumpkin cheesecake filling
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies combines chocolate and pumpkin for a not to miss snack
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars - easy to make pumpkin bars filled with chocolate chips
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream from Ice Cream from Scratch
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie for when you can't make up your mind between pumpkin pie and pecan pie
Find lots more pumpkin recipes on 2CM!
LOVE QUICK & EASY RECIPES? FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, & PINTEREST FOR ALL THE LATEST RECIPE INSPIRATION! PLUS JOIN MY EMAIL LIST AND RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK.
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 1 ½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 8-ounce Cool Whip (2½ cups)
- Garnishes: chocolate & caramel drizzles, whipped cream, melted chocolate for Halloween web
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Place cookies in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal.
- Using a rolling pin, give the crumbs a few taps then roll them until they are fine crumbs. You can also use a chopper, such as a Ninja chopper.
- Place crumbs in a medium bowl and combine with melted butter and sugar.
- Press into bottom and up sides of a springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes and let cool.
- In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together.
- Turn to lower speed and add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- Stir in cool whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to use and cookie crust is cool.
- Pour into cookie crust and smooth top.
- Holiday dessert: Decorate with whipped cream then drizzle chocolate sauce and caramel sauce over top.
- Halloween dessert: Melt ¼ cup chocolate chips and place in a small baggie. Close and make small slit in one corner. Make your spider web. Place a plastic spider on the cake and you're ready to go.
This post has been updated with new photos and more in-depth instructions and variations. It was first published on October 19. 2017.