Fall brings to mind Jack-O-Lanterns and pumpkin pie but there are so many more dishes that serve up that great pumpkin flavor. I have been in a pumpkin baking mood and my house is has some delicious aromas coming out of the kitchen. Wish there was smell-o-vision and I could share it with yâ€™all.
Not to be outdone, I just had to make these super easy and delicious Pumpkin Spice Bars with chocolate chips. The chips are totally optionally but who doesnâ€™t want to add chocolate to anything and everything? Just look at how easy this recipe is.
Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside. Cream the sugar and butter & add pumpkin.
Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips, mix and bake.
Now just wait for the delicious smells that will come floating out of your kitchen. They will definitely have you drooling! You might not even be able to wait for them to cool before grabbing a little bite. But wait â€˜cause they are so good when cut and eaten at room temp.
Theyâ€™re perfect for an after-school snack, a dessert with a little ice cream on top (just sayinâ€™) or that morning coffee break with friends. Whatever way you have them, youâ€™ll want to put these Pumpkin Chocolate Spice Bars on your list to make every fall. Enjoy!
Bar Cookies for a Delicious Fall
Caramel Apple Magic Bars with cinnamon and butterscotch chips are perfect for the fall season.
Mint Cookie Bars loaded with chocolate chips are a decadent and tasty treat.
S’mores Cookie Bars from Serena Bakes
Easy Caramel Apple Bars with cookie crust and crumble topping for extra deliciousness.
Find more easy cookie bars recipes here on 2CM!
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Pumpkin Chocolate Spice Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix together flour, spices, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on high until smooth.
- Continue beating while adding egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
- Lower mixer speed and beat in flour-spice mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool bars in pan on wire rack. When cool, turn out of pan and cut into squares.
This post has been updated and was first published on November 24, 2013.