Our Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies are your favorite brownies accented with the taste of fall. Rich pumpkin cheesecake is the perfect foil to the all that dense chocolaty goodness. Warning! These go fast so grab one while you can!
While preparing for the hurricane, I decided to do a little baking so we would have some food for breakfast and something a little sweet to take the edge off the anxiety. We also had friends staying with us that had to evacuate so I thought they would enjoy something too. I wanted something fallish so pumpkin seemed the way to go.
I had also just purchased some cream cheese so that kind of made my mind up for me – pumpkin cheesecake. But there wasn’t quite enough to make a whole cheesecake so I thought, why not add it to a brownie mix I had on hand and give it a little swirl.
No one was quite certain how the chocolate and pumpkin would go together but, let me tell you, it is now one of theirs and my favorite fall treats. I mean, not only do you get moist fudgy chocolaty brownies but sweet spicy delicious pumpkin pie flavored cheesecake too! Holy cow!
And they are super easy to make. Start with your favorite boxed brownie mix or make your own. We love to use our Crash Fudge Brownies (do you remember the big Yahoo fiasco?) or, for a gluten-free option, our Gluten-free Brownies recipes. Pour prepared brownie mix into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish.
Next mix the cream cheese and pumpkin puree with spices then swirl them through the brownie mix. Bake. That’s it! What you have is a decadent dessert that only takes 15 minutes to put together and about 45 minutes to bake.
Everyone will be drooling way before they come out of the oven, But make them wait, if you can, til they cool, to get the full flavor experience.
Don’t they look like the perfect fall or Halloween treat? OK, now you’d better grab your piece quick because they disappear fast! Enjoy!
Your favorite brownies with the taste of fall. Rich pumpkin cheesecake is the perfect foil to the all that dense chocolaty goodness. Warning! These go fast so grab one while you can!
- 1 box brownie mix & listed ingredients
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Prepare brownie mix according to recipe on box. Set aside.
- Place ingredients for pumpkin cheesecake in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until smooth and well combined, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble: Pour brownie batter into bottom of baking dish.
- Dollop cheesecake batter around top of brownie batter. Take a knife and swirl in.
- Bake 45-50 minutes if using a glass baking dish and 40-45 minutes if using a metal baking dish.
- Let cool in pan then invert onto wire rack. Invert again on to cutting board and cut in squares.