These Orange Creamsicle Cookies bring back all the flavors of that summertime treat. A soft cookie flavored with orange juice and zest with just a touch of vanilla then glazed with a sweet orange glaze. Yum!
Yay! It’s Creative Cookie Exchange Day and I am so happy to be able to participate this month. July was just a crazy month for me with both a nice long and much needed vacation with my son & his family and a trip up to Atlanta for a couple weeks to help my daughter, you know the other Cookin’ Mama, as she awaited and finally gave birth to my new granddaughter. And you know being a grandmother I just have to brag a bit. Anastatia is beautiful and oh so tiny. I had forgotten just how little babies can be. She, momma & daddy are doing fine (albeit, on the parents side, a little sleep deprived).
The cookies this month are all about celebrating the end of summer vacation. And nothing reminds me more of summer than the ice cream truck, playing its recognizable song, with kids from all over the neighborhood running out to greet him, and getting my favorite – the creamsicle. I can taste it now – that first lick of icy orange sherbet followed by that first bite of cold creamy vanilla ice cream – OK, now I so want one! The saddest part was seeing him leave at the end of summer not to return until the following year.
These creamsicle cookies bring me back to creamsicles and summer vacation. A soft cookie flavored with orange juice and zest with just a touch of vanilla then glazed with a sweet orange glaze. They’re easy to make and taste so good you might want to hide a few from the kids so you get some too. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Of course, if you love creamsicles as much as I do, you just have to try my Creamsicle Smoothie. It has all that rich, creamy, orangey (is that a word?) flavor that you associate with this favorite frozen summer treat with the added bonus that it’s actually good for you!
Still dreaming of summer sweets? Well, sit down, get comfy and check out all the goodies below from my fellow Creative Cookie Exchange members.
Summer is almost over, and we have cookies to remember it by! Hint: a lot of these cookies could be made and frozen, to pull out a slice of summer in February!
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Apple Shortbread Cookies with Apple Cider Mascarpone Frosting by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Apricot Pochettes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Blackberry and Cream Monte Carlos by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Black Forest Cookies by Spiceroots
- Blueberry Cookies by The Spiced Life
- Kiwi Thumbprints by Flours and Frostings
- Lemon Basil Cookies with Mint by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Meltaways by Oven Delights
- Lemon Sour Cream Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Orange Creamsicle Cookies by 2 Cookin Mamas
- Peach Pie Cookies by Live. Bake. Love.
- Pecan Sandies by Food Lust People Love
- S’mores Blondies by A Baker’s House
- Strawberry & Cream Cookies by Baking in Pyjamas