Our Coconut Lime Crisps are thin, crispy cookies with a wonderful tart lime flavor & sweet coconut. Their tropical flavor is the perfect addition to any holiday cookie tray.
There is always room during the Christmas season for a lighter, crisper cookie. These are a favorite, living in Florida, because we are lucky enough to have out own Key Lime tree in our backyard. It produces tons of fruit a year so when we get tired of Key Lime Pie (is that even possible?) I make these Coconut Lime Crisps.
They’ll remind you, even in the middle of winter, of tropical islands and getaways. And that’s never a bad thing! These cookies bake up super crisp (check out how crisp they are!) and quite large (don’t be surprised by how much they spread) and they have a wonderfully tart lime taste that is offset by the addition of sweetened coconut.
A great cookie for any time of year but around Christmas it gives you a lighter option to all the butter, chocolate & peppermint cookies.
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a medium bowl.
Add the almond extract, lime juice and zest.
Continue beating while adding flour and coconut.
- Using your hands, roll dough out on a floured piece of wax paper into an 18"-20" log.
Wrap tightly with paper and place in refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll in colored sugar. (I’ve used red & green and they’re both pretty for the season).
Cut into 1/4" thick slices and place on cookie sheets 2" apart.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 5 minutes then gently remove to wire racks.
Cool completely and store in airtight cookie tin.
Christmas Cookie Marathon Series
Christmas Cookie Marathon
More Cookie Deliciousness
Cookies + Pudding = Scrumptious
Snowballs and Truffles
Simple and Delicious Cookies
Seasonal Flavors – Peppermint and Eggnog