Our Strawberry Mint Cookies combines all the wonderful flavors of our summer garden into one delicious cookie. They're soft & rich and packed full of fresh, juicy strawberries with just a hint of mint. Believe me, you won't be able to stop eating them.
Woohoo! I love baking cookies. And using fresh ingredients in them like strawberries and herbs is a bonus.
You know what? I surprised myself with how much I liked these cookies.
Maybe it's because I thought of the idea of combining strawberries and mint because of a drink I like, the Strawberry Mint Martini. So if it's good enough for my favorite cocktail, it must be good enough for a cookie. Are you with me?
It's an easy cookie to whip up. Just a few ingredients, most of what you would have in your kitchen anyway, along with fresh fruit and herbs of the season.
Unfortunately, living in Florida, our herb season runs from October through April, so herbs from the grocery store would have to be used.
You don't even need a mixer to make these cookies, just a little stirring and voila - look at how fresh and pretty they look even before they're baked!
Once baked, sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar and, if you can stand it, wait for them to cool. They come out soft and buttery with all the flavor of the strawberries and mint shining through.
They only last a few days since the strawberries are fresh but, don't worry, they won't last that long anyway.
When you get done drooling over these cookies, check out all the other intriguing combinations from my fellow cookie lovers below.
Try my Pastel Cookies for beautiful and delicious spring cookies.
Also, my Key Lime Cookies have a lovely sweet-tart flavor are are perfect for picnics.
Find lots of easy cookie recipes here on 2CM!
STRAWBERRY MINT COOKIES
- 6 oz strawberries, ¼" dice
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon Imperial sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped fine
- Garnish: sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine four, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. (I used my hands and pinched in between my fingers to form little crumbs)
- Add cream and stir well.
- Pour in strawberry mixture. Add chopped mint. Stir.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop batter onto cookie sheet, spacing about 2" apart. Sprinkle lightly with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets on wire racks.
- Once cool they can be sprinkled with additional confectioner's sugar.
This post has been updated and was first published on June 20, 2017.
DON'T MISS A RECIPE!