Our creamsicle smoothie tastes just like the famous ice cream pop, full of orange & vanilla flavor, AND it’s healthy! Packed with protein, antioxidants & Vitamin C in every bite.
Ah, I used to love to go catch the ice cream man that came around during the summer and grab one of those delicious creamsicles, all icy orange on the outside and creamy vanilla ice cream in the center. It was one of my favorite ways to keep cool.
Now I want to enjoy that same flavor but without all the calories, after all I am not 10 any more with an out of control metabolism (darn!). So, what better way to get all that goodness and a healthy dose of vitamin C and protein than in a breakfast smoothie. It is really easy to make and tastes just like those favorite orange-vanilla delights.
And you can even get the same flavor in a cow dairy-free version.
Are you a smoothie lover like me? Get a head start on fall with these fall flavor smoothies, my Apple Pie Smoothie and my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. They’re soooo good you’ll be able to feel the crispness in the air! (well almost) Enjoy!
- 6- oz. Greek lowfat vanilla yogurt or Silk dairy-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk, regular low-fat, almond or So Delicious French Vanilla Coconut Milk Creamer
- 2 oranges, peeled and seeded and broken into sections
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Love Smoothies? Follow us on our Favorite Smoothies Pinterest board for more delicious & nutritious concoctions.