Our healthy, baked Chocolate Mint Doughnuts are rich, chocked full of chocolate, flavored with mint and, get this, pretty darn good for you! Of course, topped with a chocolate glaze and sprinkles just makes them even more irresistible! Have for breakfast, have for dessert, in fact, have them anytime! Thanks to Barleans and Imperial Sugar for supplying the delicious products to make this recipe possible.
Doughnuts or donuts, whichever way you spell it, there is something about them that’s hard to resist. All that cakey goodness you can hold in your hand with decadent glazes just oozing off the top – oh help I’m so craving another one right now! Of course, they are also the bane of every person that is trying to stick to their healthy diet. I know, downer right?
But, what if I told you that you could have your doughnuts without all the guilt? Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, I’ve got the answer to your prayers – a doughnut that’s actually pretty good for you! Thanks to Barlean’s and their line of healthy products. And, if you love the idea of healthy, check out our recipe for Thin Mint Avocado Brownies for another smart treat.
Today is the third day of #Choctoberfest where you can find tons of recipes featuring that all important, can’t do without, chocolate. We’ve also got a great giveaway, worth over $450, so don’t forget to enter it below before you head straight to the kitchen to bake up these healthy Chocolate Mint Doughnuts.
These are a super simple treat to make for a quick breakfast in the morning. And who doesn’t love doughnuts for breakfast? You can also give them to the kids, with a little sly smile that says they don’t even know that I am giving them something good for them. 🙂
So what do they have in them? Firstly, Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens are full of fruits & vegetables that supply vital antioxidants. Secondly, the Chocolate Mint Omega Swirl has essential fatty acids that come from flax and fish oils. All based on an antioxidant rich, Fair-Trade cocoa. Thirdly, I used their Butter Flavored Coconut Oil which has all the taste of butter but with the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil. And, just between you and me, it’s great on popcorn too!
Just think, 20 minutes and you can be taking a bite out of these yummy doughnuts, full of chocolate and mint flavor! So delish that you’ll be reaching for another before you know it! All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together and put in a doughnut pan.
Bake then glaze with yummy melted chocolate and decorate with the sprinkles of the season.
Enjoy these while you’re perusing the delicious chocolate recipes below that my fellow Choctoberfest bloggers worked and ate their way through just for you! Then come back tomorrow and indulge in more yumminess including our new Brownie Poke Bars recipe.
Let’s hear it for chocolate!!!!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Barlean's Greens Chocolate Silk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup Imperial pure cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons Barlean's Omega Swirl Chocolate Mint Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a doughnut baking pan with Barleans Butter flavored Coconut Oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, greens powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, egg, chocolate mint oil and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend until well incorporated.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips if adding.
- Divide batter into 6 cavities. Smooth out and lightly tap doughnut pan on counter to get out any air bubbles.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn out of pan onto wire rack and let them cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil into microwave-safe wide-mouthed bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until completely melted.
- Dip top of doughnuts into warm glaze then into sprinkles.
- Let cool, then place in airtight container for up to 4 days.