Here’s a healthy way to get your thin mint cookie fix. When I received complimentary samples of Barlean’s products and Imperial Sugar for my participation in Choctoberfest I knew I just had to make a healthy dessert. These Avocado Brownie Bites are packed with healthy oils and super food greens for a treat that is good for you!. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are my own. Enjoy!
I can’t think of anything better than chocolate, can you? I think if I had to pick the one thing that I couldn’t live without, it would have to be chocolate. So I think you can gather by all this that being part of #Choctoberfest with Imperial Sugar has been both deliciously yummy and fun! Not only that, there is a terrific giveaway going on to win some for yourself. Giveaway has expired.
Barlean’s is one of our awesome sponsors for Choctoberfest and I received some absolutely delicious and healthy products from them. I honestly had never heard of them before this but, after working with their products, I was blown away by the quality and taste of their products! I will definitely be purchasing them often in the future.
Barlean’s is a company that produces dietary supplements that are all organic and non-GMO. Barlean’s is actually a farm, fishery and organic seed mill that feels strongly about providing the freshest and highest quality pressed-on-demand oils for their customers.
If you haven’t looked into oil and super food supplements before, I bet you are wondering why you need these in your diet. Let me start by telling you what a deficiency in the levels of essential oils or Omega-3 fatty acids in the body can lead to – cardiovascular disease, eye problems, ADD & hyperactivity, arthritis, diabetes and lupus, skin problems and even some cancers. As to super food supplements, these concentrated powders, supplying the body with important nutrients and antioxidants, help support a healthy digestive system, increase mental acuity, energy levels and a stronger immunity system. I’d say that’s reason enough to include these supplements in your diet or, at the very least, enjoy them in this recipe.
I had a hard time deciding what to make as smoothies and puddings came to mind first. Then I decided to bake these rich, deliciously moist, little avocado brownie bites for two reasons. One, I had just taken some Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies out of the freezer and thought, with Barlean’s Chocolate Mint Swirl Oil, I could copy one of my favorite tastes by making a chocolate mint cheesecake filling. Second, the Barlean’s products are so healthy that I thought I would pair it with a healthier-type brownie by using avocados. And they were awesome!
Now, I bet you are wondering if anyone noticed that they were made with healthy oils and fruit & veggie enriched powder? Nope! In fact, when my husband brought some into work, he let them taste them without telling them what was in them, and their take – delicious devil’s food cake! And they were gone in about 10 minutes. Wow! I think that is a great endorsement!
Please let me know if you try them out. And definitely give Barlean’s products a try, your health will thank you for it. More recipes using Barlean’s coming soon!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Barlean's Chocolate Silk Greens Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable or safflower oil
- 3/4 cup Imperial sugar
- 8 oz dark chocolate melted
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Imperial sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Barlean's Omega Swirl Chocolate Mint Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 Tablespoon flour, as needed to thicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with a non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, Barlean's Greens powder, baking powder and salt.
- In an electric mixer, cream avocado until smooth.
- Slowly add in the eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add oil and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chocolate then all dry ingredients until just mixed. Set aside.
In your KitchenAid electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, oil and peppermint extract. If batter looks too thin add up to 2 tablespoons of flour. (I did add it to mine)
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop about 1 tablespoon of brownie batter into the bottom of each mini-muffin cup.
- Drop another tablespoon of cheesecake batter on top of brownie batter then follow that with another scoop of brownie batter. They will fill the little mini-muffin cups to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin pans on wire rack for 10 minutes then dump onto wire rack, turn upright, and let cool the rest of the way.
Check out more chocolaty deliciousness below.