Dark Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake is every chocolate lovers dream. Rich & creamy chocolate cheesecake flavored with kahlua then drizzled with dark chocolate.
Dark Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake
I am so excited that my sister Ginger is coming to visit for a week. I love to spend time with her as we don’t get together very often but when we do it’s like we’ve never been apart.
Ginger usually tries to visit us in the winter, which is understandable considering she lives in Michigan, and I try to visit her in the summer, to get away from the Florida heat. Isn’t that just the ideal situation?
When she comes to visit I always like to make her a special dessert. And if there is one thing that my sister and I have in common, it is our love for dark chocolate, cheesecake and Kahlua. So, a light bulb went off in my brain, and I thought “what better dessert to make than one that encompasses all of her favorites”. This Dark Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake was the perfect choice!
It is really super easy to make, starting with an easy chocolate cookie crust, then a creamy chocolate cheesecake mixture with Kahlua and finished off with more dark chocolate. I mean, if you are a chocolate lover, you are drooling about now.
It’s rich, chocolaty and so heavenly delicious that you will be making it again and again for any special occasion that comes around.
P.S. It was a huge success and my sister loved it! I also sent it into the office with my husband and they gave it a 5 star rating. Woohoo!
So what are you waiting for – go make it right now! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, crushed
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate, about 2 3.5-oz Ghiradelli bars, chopped
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate (I used Ghirardelli Intense Dark)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place about half a box of chocolate wafers in a large resealable zippered bag and roll over it with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs. Measure out 1-1/2 cups and mix with softened butter and sugar. Press into the bottom of a springform pan and set aside.
- To make cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese until creamy. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar and salt and mix thoroughly. Add sour cream and blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, melt dark chocolate pieces, butter and Kahlua until smooth. Pour into filling mixture then add slowly to cream cheese mixture, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling onto prepared crust and place in oven.
- Bake 35 minutes, or just until starting to set, then turn oven off, open door slightly, and leave in oven an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven, run knife around edges to loosen then let cool 1 hour on wire rack. Remove outer pan and refrigerate for 2 or more hours or overnight to set completely.
- Melt dark chocolate, butter and heavy cream in a microwave safe measuring cup in 30 second increments, stirring well after each. Cook until almost all chocolate is melted then stir to melt remaining pieces (should only take 1 or 2 cycles). Add Kahlua, stir, and drizzle over top of cake.
- Decorate with fruit and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream just prior to serving.