Quick & easy no-bake peanut butter energy balls are not only delicious but healthy too! Full of peanut butter, honey and oats, they’re great as a snack or even breakfast.
It’s that time of month again! It’s a time that I always look forward to where we get to explore another food blogger’s site and choose our favorite recipe to make. Yep, it’s the Secret Recipe Club!
This month I was assigned to Rebekah’s Making Miracles blog. This blog is all about her family, including her 3 successful surrogacies, her own 2 children and her puppies as well as quick, easy and family friendly recipes. She chronicles her day to day life and seems to have an unending amount of patience and love to share. She even works with several foster agencies for placing dogs with new families. There is much to admire about Rebekah and her recipes are just one of them.
I have been so busy this past month with a vacation, a wedding in Virginia and soon my daughter’s baby shower in Atlanta, that I haven’t had as much time as I would like to peruse all her recipes. I wanted something that would be quick and easy and also a great snack for my husband while I was away at the shower. So I decided on her Peanut Butter Energy Balls. I love any healthy snack that helps provide energy for that afternoon slump or even for a quick breakfast whether it is in bar form like my Lemon Chia Protein Bars or in a ball form like these from Making Miracles.
I changed the recipe just slightly since I can’t tolerate much wheat and used oats instead with a little vanilla extract added in. I also rolled some of them in coconut and some in a mix of cocoa powder and ground coffee. Whichever way you decide to make them, they are deliciously fantastic!
When I get back from Atlanta I plan on making her Heavenly Blueberry Smoothie (cause I have a love affair with any smoothie), Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple Chicken and Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta (this recipe sounds so similar to one that I love from a local restaurant I just have to try it).
Check out all the other great recipes from our fellow SRC members below. I’m sure you’ll be drooling long before you reach the end. Cheers!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used NuttZo Chocolate 7-Nut & Seed Butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder mixed with 1 Tablespoon ground coffee or sweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients, except those for rolling, until thoroughly mixed. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for about 1 hour to make it easier to roll.
- Roll into approximately 18 balls then either leave as is or roll in desired coating.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week.