This Bacon Wrapped Garlic Shrimp Crostini is a delicious appetizer for a backyard BBQ. A crispy Parmesan garlic crostini is topped with mashed avocado and a grilled bacon-wrapped shrimp to make a flavorful single-serving no-plate bite for your next get-together or holiday picnic. I was given a free sample of Chef Shamy butter to create a recipe. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.
It’s nearing the end of #CookoutWeek and there have been so many delicious recipes that have been shared by my food blogger friends but I wanted to bring you one more, this Bacon Wrapped Garlic Shrimp Crostini appetizer recipe, that would be perfect to serve up at your next BBQ.
As you can see in the photo above, I’m using Chef Shamy’s Garlic Butter with Parmesan cheese and basil, and it’s over-the-top delicious! I love all the Chef Shamy line of butters, especially the Honey Butter with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon that I used to make my Grilled Pound Cake. They are pure butter with no fillers, chemical preservatives, emulsifiers, or oils. You can give them a try and receive 10% off with the code, 10BUTTER10, thru 7/4/2018.
This appetizer is light and perfect for the hot weather of summer. It does take a little bit of time, although some of the steps can be done a day ahead, but it is totally worth it! I mean who wouldn’t love a crispy bread round, topped with fresh avocado with a hint of lime then crowned with a grilled shrimp that’s been marinated in garlic butter and wrapped in bacon. Are you with me? Now take a look at just how easy it is to put together this impressive appetizer.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Garlic Shrimp Crostini
Since Chef Shamy’s butter is already flavored, all you have to do is slice a French baguette then spread both sides with butter. And since this butter can be stored at room temperature for several weeks, it spreads like a dream.
Pop the bread in a 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes a side or until lightly browned and crispy.
Now for the shrimp marinade. Mix Chef Shamy butter with lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl and add shrimp. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes while you precook the bacon.
When you grill with bacon you need to precook it in order for it to get done and crispy in the same amount of time as what you are wrapping. This is super easy. Just cut the bacon in half lengthwise, lay on a wire rack and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 11 minutes. The main thing you want to remember is not to overcook it so that it is too crisp to wrap around the shrimp.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade, leaving any butter that is adhering to the shrimp, and wrap each with bacon. Place on skewers. If you are using wooden skewers make sure to soak them in water while you are marinating the shrimp. Grill for 2 minutes per side.
Mash avocado and mix with a little lime juice. Gather all ingredients for this Bacon Wrapped Garlic Shrimp Crostini and put together right before your guests arrive.
It’s easy! Just put a dollop of avocado on each bread round and top with a bacon wrapped shrimp then garnish with arugula and brighten up the platter with cherry tomatoes. It’s bright, light and super tasty! I like to serve mine with my Lemonade Milkshake or White Rum Strawberry Cocktail.
Now grab one before they’re gone! And while you’re nibbling take a look at the other delicious ideas for your next cookout. Oh and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below to win some fantastic prizes, including a new grill, ’cause who couldn’t use one of those!
Good luck and enjoy!
Try my shrimp and chorizo appetizer with red beans and rice – a perfect balance of heat and flavor.
Need more ideas and inspiration? Take a look at my easy appetizer recipes for any party or occasion.
BACON WRAPPED GARLIC SHRIMP CROSTINI
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 6 Tablespoons Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter more if desired
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 9 pieces bacon cut in half lengthwise
- 18 large shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice, about 1/4 lime juiced
- salt & pepper
- Garnish: arugula, cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice French bread into 1/4" slices. You will need 18 slices for this recipe. You can easily double this recipe to use up the loaf of bread.
- Spread Chef Shamy's Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter on both sides of bread.
- Place slices on prepared baking sheet and bake 7-8 minutes then flip for 7-8 minutes more or until crusty and golden brown.
- This step can be done ahead of time. You can keep the crostini in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Prepare shrimp marinade by combining 1/8 cup Chef Shamy's Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl large enough to hold shrimp.
- Place shrimp in marinade and let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- While shrimp is marinating prepare bacon.
- Turn oven up to 400 degrees. Remove bread from cookie sheet. Place a cooling rack on top of foil. Spray with nonstick spray for easier clean-up.
- Slice bacon in half lengthwise. Place slices of bacon on top of rack and cook about 1/2 the time as normal, about 11 minutes, as you still want it pliable enough to wrap around shrimp.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly.
- Heat grill to medium high, around 400-450 degrees.
- Remove shrimp from marinade leaving butter that has solidified on them and wrap a piece of bacon around each one.
- Skewer shrimp and grill about 2 minutes each side.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado and mix with the juice of 1/4 lime. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Spread each crostini with some avocado mash and set one shrimp on top of each.
- Garnish with arugula and place on platter with some cherry tomatoes as garnish.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!
This post has been updated and was first published on June 29, 2018.