Get that sweet and salty taste in one easy, decadent brownie! These Triple Layer Brownies start with a boxed brownie mix, baked on top of a pretzel crust then topped with an ooey gooey combination of peanut butter & chocolate. Let the deliciousness begin!
While doing research on the island of Marathon in the Florida Keys for a vacation, I came across a brownie recipe that was featured in the Marathon Garden Club’s newsletter.
It looked absolutely scrumptious and I couldn't wait to get home to try it out. And the perfect occasion arrived with some friends that were visiting for the weekend.
To say it was easy is an understatement. You start with a sweetened pretzel crust that is baked until it's nice and crunchy. Then add your favorite boxed brownie mix and, the best part, finish with a topping of melted peanut butter and chocolate. Are you drooling yet?
It was absolutely the best brownie combination, with its salty and sweet, that I ever had!
It got rave reviews from our company and when my husband brought the rest into work (so I wouldn't blow my diet completely) they thought it was so good that I had a host of volunteers to taste test whatever I made in the future. Seems like a pretty good recommendation for this rich and indulgent brownie dessert.
What are you waiting for? Make this for the weekend and indulge in your own little chocolate fantasy. I mean just look at that moist, tasty deliciousness.
If you are gluten free, don't despair! Just use gluten-free pretzels and our delicious gluten-free brownies recipe. See, now everyone is happy! And if you love brownies and want more, there is always our Key Lime Brownies, perfect for summer, and our 2-ingredient Black Cherry Brownies that will knock your socks off. Enjoy!
TRIPLE LAYER PRETZEL BROWNIES
- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 pkg. fudge brownie mix, 13 x 9 in pan size
- ¾ cup Nestle Toll House semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13” x 9” baking dish.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and place dish on wire rack to cool while preparing brownie mix.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare brownie mixes according to directions. Pour over pretzel crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Place on wire rack until completely cool.
- Melt chocolate chips & peanut butter in microwave; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies. Chill 30 minutes to make it easier to cut into bars. Allow to come to room temperature prior to serving to enjoy the richest flavor.