Chicken Ravioli Lasagna is an easy weeknight casserole that will satisfy everyone in the family. Layers of your favorite filled ravioli, chicken and broccoli are covered with a creamy, cheesy sauce and topped with plenty of mozzarella cheese. And clean-up is a cinch!
I hope everyone had a fantastic Mother’s Day yesterday. Mine was so relaxing. My husband fixed me a delicious breakfast of Blueberry French Toast and extended the pampering with a late lunch, dining al fresco on a bougainvillea covered patio. Ahhh! The only thing missing were my two fantastic children and four beautiful grandkids. Maybe next year.
I’ve decided that this is the way I would like to work all the time. 🙂 Mimosas and roses (courtesy of my daughter) should be the start of every day. Well, maybe not too much work would get done, but, you have to admit, it is nice!
Today’s recipe was created for those busy weeknights when making dinner seems like a chore. If you’re like me, I’m tired by the end of the day and sometimes fixing dinner just seems like too much trouble.
Quick and easy Chicken Ravioli Lasagna to the rescue!
This one was super simple, starting with fresh packaged ravioli, a rotisserie chicken, frozen broccoli and some pre-shredded cheese. Bingo – dinner all in one dish!
The only cooking that needs to be done is sauteing the garlic and red pepper flakes. Then it’s all about the layering. Place ravioli on the bottom of a large baking dish and sprinkle chicken on top.
Add a layer of broccoli then pour the cream sauce, which was made a little healthier by using fat-free half & half, over all.
Sprinkle with cheese and bake.
Just look at that creamy, cheesy ravioli goodness!
Take a bite and you’ll be hooked. This Chicken Ravioli Lasagna works great as leftovers for lunches during the week too!
Enjoy with a glass of fruitier white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio or Prosecco! Cheers!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup half & half (I used fat-free half & half)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, grated, divided
- 1 rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 package frozen broccoli florets
- 8 oz package favorite ravioli (I used a spinach & cheese variety)
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes for 2 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, white wine and lemon juice. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Slowly stir in half & half so it doesn't curdle. Mix in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese until you have a smooth sauce. Set aside.
- Pour a small amount of lemon wine sauce in bottom of 8x11-inch baking dish, Lay ravioli on bottom in single layer. Top with chicken, then broccoli and cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over all and finish with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.