My husband will tell you that I have not always been a fan of chicken wings but once I tasted these baked, not fried, wings with just that hint of sweetness I was sold. They are really easy to make and do not come out greasy at all. Now, you will still need a boatload of napkins but that's the fun of eating wings.
- 2 ½ pounds chicken wings
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Chinese 5-Spice
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup blackberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with foil and placing a non-stick baking rack on top. This will insure that the wings get crispy.
- Prepare chicken wings by cutting off tips and discarding. Separate drummettes from flats.
- Rinse all and pat dry then place in large bowl.
- Mix oil and Chinese 5 Spice together and pour over chicken. Toss until well coated.
- Arrange wings on rack in a single layer and place in oven.
- Bake for a total of 50 minutes, turning half way through cooking time.
- While wings are cooking, whisk hoisin sauce and jam together in a small saucepan. Heat until jam has liquified and mixture is warm.
- Remove wings from oven and return to a large bowl. Toss with hoisin-jam sauce and serve immediately (with lots of napkins).