Delicious, spicy and super easy to make, these baked jalapeno poppers will be a hit at any party. Jalapenos are stuffed with a mix of leftover stuffing and Italian sausage then smothered with ooey gooey cheese. Baked, not fried, will make them a real crowd pleaser.
Baked Jalapeno Poppers
I’m getting so excited about Super Bowl Sunday and these Baked Jalapeno Poppers I’ve got for you today are definitely going to be on the menu. The party menu is finally coming together and I’ve narrowed it down to a few of my favorite appetizers that I know all our football friends will love. So far I’ve got Crockpot Cocktail Meatballs, Mexican Cheese Dip and the best ever Classic Guacamole. Now I can’t wait for the party to begin!
These jalapeno poppers came about over the holidays when I had some leftover stuffing. There had to be something I could do with it. Stuffing something seemed like a good idea and what could be better to stuff for the big game than jalapeno peppers! Of course, being the meat lovers that we are I just had to add some Italian sausage to the mix too. Are you with me so far? And everything is better with some ooey gooey cheese, right? So I topped it off with some Monterey Jack cheese. It smelled so good cooking that I couldn’t wait to give them a try.
Once they were done they were in for the real test – the husband taste test! The verdict – delicious! and he was so impressed that he told me I could make them any time I wanted. That’s a high compliment indeed coming from him. Hope you enjoy! And may the best team win!
Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- 3 cups leftover stuffing or a boxed stuffing can be used
- 2 Italian sausages with casing removed I like to use the hot for a little more kick
- 8 large jalapeños
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare cookie sheet by lining with foil to make clean-up easier.
- If you are not using leftover stuffing, prepare boxed stuffing according to package instructions.
- In a medium-sized skillet cook sausage thoroughly, chopping to break it up into pieces as it cooks.
- Drain and add to stuffing. Mix well.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Divide sausage stuffing between peppers then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned. If it needs a little more browning you can place it under the broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.