These Chocolate Peppermint Drops are so simple to make and full of the best flavors of the season, chocolate & mint. All it takes is a boxed cake mix & 3 more ingredients and you’ve got yourself a plateful of delicious cookies.
Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies! Each day for the next 12 days I will tempt you with delicious cookies that are easy to make and hard to give away! Well, just make extra and you won’t feel bad about giving some away.
Our family has always loved the Christmas season and baking always seemed to be a huge part of it. Ever since I was little, my Mom always baked 10-20 kinds of cookies and packaged them up in pretty little tins to give out to all our relatives, friends and neighbors. I still have relatives asking me today if I do what my Mom used to do. Well, I guess I took after her, because I couldn’t see a Christmas going by without baking up myriad kinds of cookies and special breads like almond, monkey and sausage bread for Christmas morning.
So I hope these cookies bring a little sweetness to your holidays and you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them and sharing them with you. I just wish we could all get together, sit down in my cozy, heavenly smelling kitchen with a cup of coffee or tea, a big plate of cookies and get to know one another. In any case, I’ll be thinking of y’all and wishing you all the best at Christmas and the new year.
As you can see in the photos, you can roll them in powdered sugar before baking or just bake them without. Either way they look fantastic when you are serving them. Enjoy!
- 18-1/4 oz package boxed chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peppermint chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs. Beat until well incorporated. Stir in peppermint chips.
- Here you have the option of rolling the dough into a ball and then rolling in confectioner's sugar before placing on cookie sheet or just dropping by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes on cookie sheet on wire rack. Remove from cookie sheet and finish cooling cookies on wire rack.
Here’s a sneak peak on what’s coming up on the blog throughout the next 11 days. Some lip-smacking, sweet and hard to resist cookies.
12 Nutella Palmiers, 11 Forget Them Cookies, 10 Sure Bet Macaroons, 9 Almond Bar Cookies, 8 Pecan Sandies, 7 NuttZo Nut Butter Cookies, 6 Turtle Cheesecake Cookies, 5 Key Lime Truffles, 4 Vanilla Almond K Cookies, 3 Cookies and Cream Cookies, 2 Creme Brulee Cookies and a Chocolate Peppermint Drop.
Check out some of our tasty cookies from last year that we shared during out Cookie Marathon. These are sure to warm up your Christmas holidays.