Mint Chip Cookies are so easy to make & delicious too! Start with a cake mix, add liquid ingredients then stir in Andes mint chips and wait for the yums!
It’s that time of year again, the time for baking yummy cookies and for BIG giveaways! I am so happy to be part of the “Sweetest Season Cookies” week and giveaway along with a slew of my fellow food bloggers. We have all chipped in to bring you a fantastic prize package and kept our kitchens warm & cozy baking up hundreds of awesome cookies that you can make for the holidays like these easy Mint Chip Cookies!
And you can’t get any easier than these cookies!. They start out with a cake mix which pretty much does away with measuring flour, sugar, baking soda and salt and brings it down to a few liquid ingredients. And the best part about it – they’re absolutely amazing!
Full of Andes mint chips, which if you’ve never had them, are a delicious blend of chocolate and mint that definitely says “Christmas”! They go perfectly with a glass of milk for an after school treat or a hot cup of coffee for that mid-morning pick-me-up.
I colored mine with a little green food coloring to make them more holiday-ish but I think I would deepen the color a little more when I make them again (which looks like it might be soon since they are almost all gone!) . Hey wait, save one for me! Enjoy!
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
- 1 15.25- oz boxed white cake mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups Andes Creme de Menthe Baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix with butter, egg and extract. Stir with spoon to mix well. Add food coloring until desired color is reached. Stir in baking chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, place mounds of dough 2" apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press down slightly with back of spoon.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake as cookies will turn crisper as they cool.
- Place cookie sheets on wire racks for 3-5 minutes then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.