Mint Chip Cookies are so easy to make & delicious too! Start with a cake mix, add liquid ingredients then stir in Andes mint chips and wait for the yums!
It's that time of year again, the time for baking yummy cookies! These easy Mint Chip Cookies are perfect for a holiday treat and homemade gift!
And you can't get any easier than these cookies!. They start out with a cake mix that pretty much does away with measuring flour, sugar, baking soda and salt and brings it down to a few liquid ingredients. And the best part about it - they're absolutely amazing!
Full of Andes mint chips, which if you've never had them, are a delicious blend of chocolate and mint that definitely says "Christmas"! They go perfectly with a glass of milk for an after school treat or a hot cup of coffee for that mid-morning pick-me-up.
I colored mine with a little green food coloring to make them more holiday-ish but I think I would deepen the color a little more when I make them again (which looks like it might be soon since they are almost all gone!). Hey wait, save one for me! Enjoy!
For a fruity and minty treat, try my strawberry cookie recipe with fresh mint and strawberries.
Find even more Christmas cookies recipes right here on 2CM!
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
EASY MINT CHIP COOKIES
- 1 15.25- oz boxed white cake mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 1-½ to 2 cups Andes Creme de Menthe Baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix with butter, egg and extract. Stir with spoon to mix well. Add food coloring until desired color is reached. Stir in baking chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, place mounds of dough 2" apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press down slightly with back of spoon.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake as cookies will turn crisper as they cool.
- Place cookie sheets on wire racks for 3-5 minutes then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This post has been updated and was first published on December 5, 2017.