What says Christmas more than peppermint & chocolate? Combine them in these pretty to look at & delicious to eat White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies with festive holiday sprinkles & a big kiss.
Hershey's Peppermint Kiss Cookies
I love Christmas time! I get to bake to my heart's content and spread the cheer to all my neighbors, friends and family. And I love to get started early! In year's past, I hosted an annual cookie party for my friends and family, usually early in December, where everyone brought 3 dozen cookies (and their recipe) which we divided at the end of the evening so all got a little of everything to take home. It was always the start of a memorable holiday.
Now I get the same feeling vicariously through our Creative Cookie Exchange. I guess you could say it's better for the waistline. lol We have such talented bakers in our group and what they come up with each month is always surprising and delicious. This month's theme was holiday decorated cookies and I couldn't wait to get started!
I had cookies that would fit the theme that I had posted in the past, like my Salted Chocolate Caramel Cookies or Pecan Turtle Cookies but this post had to be something new. I'd been eyeing this cookie I saw on The Cafe Sucre Farine, one of my favorite food bloggers, and thought they were the cutest cookies to bake for the holidays.
A little more chocolate is always good!
However, I wanted to change them up a bit so that they included some chocolate. They still had to be a white cookie to highlight the sprinkles so I decided on white chocolate which I thought would pair well with the peppermint kiss.
Finding a way to add white chocolate to the cookie itself was more of a challenge than I thought. I found a white chocolate powder made by Ghiradelli but it was so expensive that I ruled it out right away. Next I thought about shaving the chocolate then melting it but that would change the consistency of the cookie.
White Chocolate Sets These Kiss Cookies Apart
Finally, when looking through the aisles of my grocery store, I found boxes of white chocolate pudding mix and bingo, a light went off! Make pudding cookies with the pudding mix and then add white chocolate chips for additional flavor. Of course, topping it with a delicious peppermint kiss was the crowning touch. They turned out so good that I was hard put not to eat them all in one sitting. Not that I would do that, nope, can't do that, right?
Aren't they just the cutest cookies you've ever seen? I love the addition of the sprinkles which make them look so festive and the crunch that they add is deliciously perfect. Enjoy!
More Holiday Sweets
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT KISS COOKIES
- 2-¼ cups flour
- 1 pkg sugar-free white chocolate pudding pkg 1-oz
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Multi-colored nonpareil sprinkles
- 48 peppermint kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, pudding mix and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In your KitchenAid or other electric mixer, cream butter and sugars for 4-5 minutes until light and creamy.
- Turn mixer to low speed and add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour sprinkles onto a flat plate.
- Roll cookie dough into 1? balls using the palms of your hands, roll in sprinkles, then place on prepared cookie sheets. Do not flatten.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks and immediately press peppermint kiss in the center of the cookie. Only press in about ¼” so as not to crack cookie. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
The holidays are coming--and everyone loves decorated cookies during the holidays, so we’ve got you covered! Time to get your baking on!
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Hawaiian Reindeer Cookies from All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Black and White Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Henna Cookies from Spiceroots
- White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies from 2 Cookin Mamas
- Silver Bell Sugar Cookies from Food Lust People Love
- Emoji Cookies from Flours and frostings
- Stars and Stripes Cookies from A Baker's House
- Stamped Lime Meltaways from The Spiced Life
- Chemistry Cookies from Upstate Ramblings