Craving Mexican? These easy Creamy Beef Enchiladas have all your favorite Mexican flavors like green chiles, cilantro, cheese and a yummy seasoned beef filling. Plus it all goes together in 20 minutes! Just bake and serve with your favorite sides. Perfect for Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo or really any day of the week!
Are you a Mexican food fan? Me too! I happen to love just about everything Mexican, like pork tacos, classic guacamole, margarita on the rocks, and, of course, enchiladas. I think I could have this fare every day of the week and never get tired of it.
Why is Mexican cuisine so delicious?
For me, I love the spices, like chili powder and cumin, herbs like cilantro, vegetables like bell peppers and green chiles, tasty salsas and plenty of cheese. And most dishes are so quick to toss together especially these creamy beef enchiladas. It's a meal you can assemble early in the morning and just put it in the oven when you get home. Your family will be suitably impressed that you created this delicious meal in no time.
Enchilada Sauce - there are so many delicious ones on the market but it's also so simple to make your own. Check out my recipe for easy enchilada sauce.
Ground Beef filling - inexpensive and delicious when cooked and mixed with spicy taco seasoning (although you can opt for your favorite mild version) and green chiles. You can also use ground turkey, chicken or pork.
Cilantro - is a great addition to any store-bought enchilada sauce. The taste is truly Mexican!
Cheddar cheese - and of course, you can never forget the cheese! You can also opt for Monterey jack cheese or the shredded Mexican blended cheese but I tend to like the strong flavor of the cheddar with beef.
Corn Tortillas - I do like my flour tortillas (and they can be used) but this recipe is particularly delicious with the more hearty and flavorful corn tortillas. And much more authentic.
- After browning the ground beef and onions, toss with taco seasoning and green chiles.
- Brown each tortilla in a skillet then dip into a mixture of green chiles, soup, cilantro, and enchilada sauce then place on a cookie sheet. Fill with seasoned ground beef, green onions, a sprinkling of cilantro and cheese.
- Roll up the tortilla and place in a baking dish that has a small amount of the enchilada sauce mixture in the bottom.
- Cover the casserole with the remaining enchilada sauce mixture and sprinkle with the rest of the cilantro, green onion, and cheese. Bake.
Just look at all that ooey gooey cheese! Yum! When you're ready to serve these creamy beef enchiladas, here's a little tip for you. If you let it sit for 10 minutes or so, after it comes out of the oven, it will be easier to lift out of the dish and serve (if you can wait that long!).
Now take a bite. Oh, it's just pure heaven! It's creamy, cheesy, full of spicy beef, and perfect to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday, or any day of the week.
A few margaritas along with it would be perfect. Just sayin'! Need gluten-free? I've got you covered too. Just check in the options in the recipe card below. Now go ahead and get cookin'! Enjoy!
More Mexican Meal Recipes
Smothered Baked Chicken Burritos with an amazing Hatch green chile sauce.
Breakfast Soft Tacos filled with eggs, bacon, refried beans, and more!
Green Chile Chicken Pozole from Bowl Me Over
Mexican Chicken Frittata with black beans, green chilies, Cheddar, and pepper jack cheese.
Avocado Chicken Enchiladas made with rotisserie chicken and homemade avocado cream sauce.
Chicken Poblano Stew served over cheesy polenta.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is easy to make with flour tortillas and leftover chicken.
Want more? Take a look at the best Mexican food recipes here on 2CM!
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Creamy Beef Enchilasas
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning or 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans 4.5-ounce each chopped green chiles, divided
- 2 cans 10 ¾-ounce each cream of chicken soup (Lipton-Cup of Soup is gluten-free and you can thicken with a little cornstarch)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro + ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 28 oz enchilada sauce (La Victoria has a gluten-free mild sauce)
- 14 corn tortillas
- 2-3 cups Cheddar cheese grated
- Garnishes: Salsa, sour cream, green onion curls, chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spary a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet, breaking it up as it cooks until no longer pink and onion is translucent; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and 1 can of chopped green chilies; set aside.
- Stir together remaining 1 can green chilies, soup, 2 tablespoons cilantro and enchilada sauce. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- To assemble: Pour ¾ cup of sauce into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Cook tortillas in hot pan, no oil, until a little golden.
- As you remove tortilla from pan, dip in sauce so covers entire tortilla then place on a cookie sheet and fill with beef mixture, green onions, cilantro and cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Continue until all tortillas have been filled.
- Pour remainder of sauce over filled tortillas and top with leftover cilantro, green onion and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling hot.
- Serve enchiladas with preferred garnishes accompanied by sides of refried beans and Spanish rice.
This post has been updated and was originally published on May 4, 2018