A rich, decadent and easy to make Chocolate Yogurt Hummus that is actually good for you! Only 6 simple ingredients and 5 minutes whips up this healthy, smooth, chocolaty dip that’s perfect for your next afternoon snack or cocktail party. Serve with strawberries, pretzels and vanilla wafers. I received product from Barlean’s for this post but all opinions are 100% mine.
Are you a chocolate lover like me? If so, then this week is for you! It’s Choctoberfest, a whole week of delicious chocolate recipes and a Giveaway brought to you by over 100 food bloggers that have a sweet tooth just like us. Recipes run the gamut from appetizers to main meals to desserts (don’t miss my Mocha Cheesecake Cookie Cups) and this recipe today fits as an appetizer or a dessert. I mean, you could even have this Chocolate Yogurt Hummus for breakfast. Ahem, not that I know anything about that. lol
I have to tell you, this stuff is better than cookie dough and it’s healthy!
This Chocolate Yogurt Hummus is loaded with protein, fiber and has tons of superfood nutrition and, bonus, it’s super easy to make. Just pour all the ingredients in a food processor and blend. Five minutes later you’ve got an unbelievable healthy snack for the family. Even the kids will be begging you to make it.
Just a few steps to the perfect healthy chocolate yogurt hummus.
OK, what’s in it and how do I make it. It starts with the standard base of chickpeas, which are loaded with protein and fiber and contain exceptional levels of iron, vitamin B-6, and magnesium. Drain the chickpeas, rinse then throw in the food processor. Add a small container of Greek yogurt, in place of tahini which is high in fat, which ups the protein count even more and also provides calcium, iodine and potassium.
As you can see, we are on the healthy train already but then I added the magic chocolate ingredient to put it over the top, Barlean’s Greens. I can’t remember how many years ago I started using Barlean’s products but I don’t know what I would do without them. The Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens powder, that I used in this chocolate yogurt hummus, is actually one of my favorites. Why? Just look at what a scoop of this powder provides (besides the delicious chocolate flavor).
- Delicious superfood loaded with antioxidants from fair-trade cocoa and nutrients from more than a dozen fruits and veggies
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Contains natural plant fiber from chicory and flaxseed
I sweetened the hummus with some pure maple syrup, flavored it with a little vanilla extract and added just enough milk, almond milk in this instance, to make it a perfectly smooth dip.
That’s all there is to it! Just a few simple ingredients makes this rich, decadent dip that you can serve with strawberries, pretzels and/or vanilla wafers. It’s perfect for cocktail parties, game days or even an afternoon snack. It’s gluten-free and, if you use a non-dairy yogurt and milk, it can be dairy free too.
Now dip! It’s rich, it’s chocolaty and no-guilt! In other words, perfect!
Want to learn more about Barleans products? Check them out here and I’m positive they will become your trusted source for chocolaty goodness superfood nutrition too.
Don’t forget to check out all the chocolate delicousness below from my food blogger friends. There’s enough there to satisfy anybody’s sweet tooth.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE YOGURT HUMMUS
- 15 oz chickpeas, canned, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup Greek vanilla-flavored yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Barleans Greens powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 Tablespoons almond milk or creamer to reach desired consistency
- Garnish: Strawberries, mini chocolate chips, nuts, crushed pretzels, drizzle of maple syrup
- Dippers: Strawberries, bananas, apples, pretzels, graham crackers or vanilla wafers
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Place first 7 ingredients into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- With the food processor on, slowly add milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle top with maple syrup and garnish with sliced strawberries, mini chocolate chips, nuts or a few crushed pretzels.
- Serve with your favorite dippers.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!