Key Lime White Chocolate Macadamia Bread is the perfect quick bread for summer. Zesty key limes flavor a moist, tender pound cake-like bread filled with bits of white chocolate and chunks of salty macadamia nuts. Covered with a glaze of rich white chocolate, it not only makes the perfect breakfast treat but a tasty dessert as well!
Today I’m bringing y’all a delicious rendition of my popular Key Lime White Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Key Lime White Chocolate Macadamia Bread. Whew, say that three times fast! Now that’s a mouthful! But, believe me, once you try it, it’s one delicious mouthful. Think, moist key lime bread, creamy white chocolate bits and chunks of salty macadamia nuts. See what I mean? Just a whole lotta yum in one bite!
Since summer is fast coming to an end, I thought I would squeeze in one more summery recipe before fall sets in. And I can’t think of anything more summery than the tart flavor of key limes sweetened with a little sugar and white chocolate. It’s like a tropical delight in a breakfast treat. Of course, it works great as a dessert too because I topped the whole thing off with a rich glaze of white chocolate. Oh man, I think I outdid myself this time.
It’s super simple to make too. Prep time only takes about 10 minutes then just let the oven do the rest of the work for you.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with a combination of milk and key lime juice.
- Stir in white chocolate chunks and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake.
- Remove key lime bread from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove loaf from pan to wire rack and allow to cool the rest of the way.
- Drizzle the white chocolate glaze over bread. Doesn’t that just make your mouth water?!
- Sprinkle finely chopped macadamia nuts on top and a little extra lime zest, then allow glaze to set.
This bread comes out moist with a zesty key lime flavor. The white chocolate actually melts into the bread to give it an even creamier texture while the chunks of macadamia nuts give it a nice salty crunch. Topped with a sweet white chocolate glaze elevates this bread from just a breakfast treat to a yummy dessert. Enjoy!
More Quick Bread Recipes
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Key Lime White Chocolate Macadamia Bread is perfect for summer. Zesty key limes flavor a moist quick bread filled with white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate broken into chunks (use white chocolate bars instead of white chocolate chips)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 oz white chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Garnish: key lime zest, finely chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9X5-inch loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
Continue beating while adding eggs, one at a time.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
In a small bowl, combine milk, key lime juice and key lime zest.
Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients alternately into creamed mixture, beating until well incorporated.
Stir in macadamia nuts and white chocolate chunks.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
Remove to wire rack and cool in pan 10 minutes.
Remove bread from pan and let cool completely.
When bread has cooled, prepare glaze.
Melt butter and white chocolate in a microwave-proof measuring cup for about 20 seconds or until completely melted.
Stir in confectioners sugar and milk until desired glaze consistency is reached. More milk can be added if glaze is too thick.
Pour glaze over top of bread. Sprinkle with finely chopped macadamia nuts and key lime zest. Let glaze set and enjoy.
Makes 1 loaf.