Key Lime White Chocolate Macadamia Bread is the perfect quick bread for summer. Zesty key limes flavor a moist, tender pound cake-like bread filled with bits of white chocolate and chunks of salty macadamia nuts. Covered with a glaze of rich white chocolate, it not only makes the perfect breakfast treat but a tasty dessert as well!
Today I'm bringing y'all a delicious rendition of my popular Key Lime White Chocolate Chunk Cookies - Key Lime White Chocolate Macadamia Bread. Whew, say that three times fast! Now that's a mouthful! But, believe me, once you try it, it's one delicious mouthful. Think, moist key lime bread, creamy white chocolate bits and chunks of salty macadamia nuts. See what I mean? Just a whole lotta yum in one bite!
Since summer is fast coming to an end, I thought I would squeeze in one more summery recipe before fall sets in. And I can't think of anything more summery than the tart flavor of key limes sweetened with a little sugar and white chocolate. It's like a tropical delight in a breakfast treat. Of course, it works great as a dessert too because I topped the whole thing off with a rich glaze of white chocolate. Oh man, I think I outdid myself this time.
It's super simple to make too. Prep time only takes about 10 minutes then just let the oven do the rest of the work for you.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with a combination of milk and key lime juice.
- Stir in white chocolate chunks and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake.
- Remove key lime bread from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove loaf from pan to wire rack and allow to cool the rest of the way.
- Drizzle the white chocolate glaze over bread. Doesn't that just make your mouth water?!
- Sprinkle finely chopped macadamia nuts on top and a little extra lime zest, then allow glaze to set.
This bread comes out moist with a zesty key lime flavor. The white chocolate actually melts into the bread to give it an even creamier texture while the chunks of macadamia nuts give it a nice salty crunch. Topped with a sweet white chocolate glaze elevates this bread from just a breakfast treat to a yummy dessert. Enjoy!
More Quick Bread Recipes
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Key Lime White Chocolate Macadamia Bread
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest
- ½ cup macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- ½ cup white chocolate broken into chunks (use white chocolate bars instead of white chocolate chips)
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 oz white chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Garnish: key lime zest, finely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9X5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Continue beating while adding eggs, one at a time.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, key lime juice and key lime zest.
- Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients alternately into creamed mixture, beating until well incorporated.
- Stir in macadamia nuts and white chocolate chunks.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rack and cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and let cool completely.
- When bread has cooled, prepare glaze.
- Melt butter and white chocolate in a microwave-proof measuring cup for about 20 seconds or until completely melted.
- Stir in confectioners sugar and milk until desired glaze consistency is reached. More milk can be added if glaze is too thick.
- Pour glaze over top of bread. Sprinkle with finely chopped macadamia nuts and key lime zest. Let glaze set and enjoy.
- Makes 1 loaf.