Fresh Strawberry Nut Bread is the perfect way to bring the taste of spring to your table. An easy to make quick bread that is bursting with strawberry flavor, a touch of cinnamon and the crunch of pecans. With just 20 minutes of prep and no mixer needed, this seasonal bread is the perfect answer for dessert, snack or even breakfast.
Have you seen those beautiful strawberries in the grocery store lately during your quick store runs? During strawberry season (and even when it’s not) I can never pass up those sweet red berries! And since I’m stuck at home a lot lately, it seemed like the perfect time to pick some up and bake away. Believe me, baking is a great stress reliever!
There’s a strawberry recipe for every meal
I’ve made everything from breakfast Smoothies, like this healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl, to light salads, such as my Spinach Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese, and cocktails, like a refreshing Strawberry Rum Fizz, to desserts such as my Strawberry Margarita Crisp. See what I mean? It’s so hard to choose which one to make but I have to say this strawberry nut bread brings out all the sweetness in the strawberries and makes me think of a beautiful, cool spring day whenever I take a bite.
It’s a super easy quick bread to make too. All you need are two bowls. One with strawberries sprinkled with sugar, to which you add the oil and eggs, and in the second, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix together, stir in the nuts and bake. It makes two deliciously moist loaves of bread. I like the way the top gets a little crunchy, almost like it was sprinkled with sugar, and the contrast between the soft sweet strawberries and the crunchy nuts adds an extra textural treat for the taste buds.
Just look at all those moist, rich nooks and crannies all studded with sweet bits of strawberries and crunchy pecans. Don’t like nuts? Leave them out and it’s just as delicious! I like to bake the loaves up, slice them and place in large resealable plastic bags then freeze. Every time I feel like a little treat, I take a slice out, pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds and bang! I’ve got a treat for breakfast, snack time or even dessert. Enjoy!
- Make sure eggs are room temperature as they will mix better with the batter and rise more easily. Using cold eggs in lieu of room temperature eggs will also take the cake longer to bake.
- Make sure to use sweet, ripe strawberries so that they stay separated more in the bread instead of changing the color of the bread with the juices.
- Use vegetable oil instead of butter to give the bread a nicer texture. The bread will stay moist longer and rise higher.
- Don’t like pecans? Leave them out or change out for walnuts or your favorite kind of nuts.
Let cool completely then wrap in foil or place in a resealable plastic bag. It can be kept in the refrigerator for one week or in the freezer for 3 months. I like to slice mine prior to freezing so I can take out one slice at a time. Just heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to thaw.
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl and dust lightly with sugar. If using fresh strawberries, I like them sliced or diced. For this recipe I actually diced mine prior to adding to batter. If using frozen strawberries, leave whole, dust with sugar and wait until they are thawed before slicing or dicing. (photo 1)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. (photo 2)
- In a medium bowl, combine vegetable oil, whisked eggs and thawed strawberries. Mix well. (photo 3)
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. (photo 4)
- Blend until just mixed. (photo 5)
- Stir in pecans until just moistened. (photo 6)
- Divide batter between greased and floured loaf pans. There are several different sizes of loaf pans which will make a difference in the baking time. Use ones that are 9″x 5″ and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Delicious warm or room temperature, this strawberry nut bread is sure to bring a bite of spring into your kitchen. There is an optional glaze you can drizzle over the top included in the notes of the recipe. I think it is sweet enough on its own but if you decide to glaze the bread, do it just prior to serving. Enjoy!
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Strawberry Nut Bread
- 2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar + 1-2 teaspoons for strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 5”x9” loaf pans with nonstick spray or grease with butter then dust with flour. Set aside.
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl and dust lightly with sugar. If using fresh strawberries, I like them sliced or diced. For this recipe I actually diced mine prior to adding to batter. If using frozen strawberries, leave whole, dust with sugar and wait until they are thawed before slicing or dicing.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, combine vegetable oil, whisked eggs and thawed strawberries. Mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and blend until just mixed.
- Stir in pecans until just moistened.
- Divide batter between loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out on to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 2 loaves with 12 servings per loaf.