Don’t let the mini size fool you, these No Bake Mocha Cheesecake Mini Indulgences are simply divine! Oreo crumbs are layered with mocha cheesecake then topped with whipped cream and an espresso bean to give you a gourmet dessert that only takes 20 minutes to pull together. Small but decadent, they make the perfect ending for any meal.
My sister is here this week and I always try to make her favorite foods just to spoil her a little. Of course, we’re enjoying our time together, walking the beach, getting massages, dining out whenever and wherever we want and catching up on all the news.
One of the things that my sister likes above all else is chocolate and coffee. I have to agree with her there, I think those are just essentials for living, right? And what’s better than combining the two into a mocha flavor and then adding it to a no-bake cheesecake base. Since I’ve made her my Dark Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake and Mocha Cheesecake Cookie Cups I wanted to try something new. And since we are all watching what we eat, I decided to go the Seasons52 route and make mini indulgences.
Have you seen Seasons52 mini indulgences? They are so cute and layered with yummy flavors but are small enough to give you a taste and not make you feel guilty after a delicious dinner. In other words, perfect! I decided to go the mocha cheesecake route with some Oreo cookie crumbs but delivered in this individual mini-serving size. At first, I wasn’t sure what I was going to put them in but I had been saving some of those small Glade candle jars and, after cleaning them out, they turned out to be the ideal size. I love not having to buy something new when I can work with something I already have. 🙂 And I got a lovely candle while it lasted and now mini indulgence cups. Woohoo!
All you have to do for this dessert is crush some Oreos, make some strong coffee, melt some bittersweet chocolate and add it to some cream cheese and sour cream and voila – instant dessert. I layered the Oreo crumbs in the bottom then alternated between the mocha cheesecake and the crumbs until I reached the top. To make them look extra special, I decorated them with some whipped cream and topped them with either an Oreo cookie or a chocolate covered espresso bean. It really is an amazing dessert that takes hardly any time at all.
I’ll let you know if she liked it but I’m pretty sure I know what her answer will be. My husband and I snitched the extra one and both got these goofy dreamy smiles on our face while licking every last bit out of the jar. If you’re a chocolate and coffee lover, you’ll go crazy over these mini indulgences with a big taste.
Don't let the mini size fool you, these No Bake Mocha Cheesecake Mini Indulgences are simply divine! Oreo crumbs are layered with mocha cheesecake then topped with whipped cream and an espresso bean to give you a gourmet dessert that only takes 20 minutes to pull together. Small but decadent, they make the perfect ending for any meal.
- 13 Oreos
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons hot fudge topping
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- Garnish: whipped cream, 4 dark chocolate covered espresso beans or 4 Oreos
- Crush Oreos in food chopper, processor or place in a ziploc bag and roll with rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
- Place Oreo crumbs in a small bowl. Add fudge sauce and butter and mix til blended. Set aside.
- Place coffee in a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over coffee and let sit 1 minute.
- Turn burner to low and heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate to coffee-gelatin mixture and stir until all chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Continue beating while adding in sour cream and coffee-chocolate mixture.
- Place oreo crumbs in the bottom of 4 small glasses. You can use those made for mini desserts or, like I did, glass jars from Glade candles.
- Place a dollop of mocha cheesecake over crumbs. Continue to layer Oreo crumbs and cheesecake until glasses are filled.
Garnish with whipped cream and top with either a chocolate covered espresso bean or an Oreo.
Slightly adapted from recipe found on Taste of Home.
Follow our Delectable Dessert Pinterest Board for more drool worthy recipes to soothe that sweet tooth craving.