You’ll want to savor the flavors of this 30 minute seafood stew. It’s chock full of fish, shrimp and scallops with a fresh tomato base flavored with parsley & spices. It’s all made in one pot and the perfect fresh, hearty & healthy dinner for a busy weeknight.
My husband has been making this 30 minute seafood stew for years now. He found a recipe many years ago for Dad’s fish stew and adapted it so he could add all the seafood and seasonings we preferred. It has become his favorite to cook for dinner when he’s in the kitchen and our family’s favorite to eat. 🙂
This seafood stew is a quick and easy meal, takes less than 30 minutes, and not only satisfies the hungriest appetites but will warm everyone up from the inside out on the cold winter days ahead. All that aside, it’s also a healthy low carb meal. Plenty of lean protein and omega 3’s from the seafood and Vitamins E, A & C plus plenty of potassium and fiber from the tomatoes. The fresh parsley and herbs give this stew a wonderful, fresh flavor and the hot sauce does the rest. You can spice it up as much as you’d like or leave out the hot sauce for a milder flavor perfect for younger children.
It’s all made in one large pot, just like my One Skillet Shepherd’s Pie and Chicken & Tortellini Skillet, so there is little cleanup involved. Just the way I like it! It’s a good idea to have everything cut up and ready to go before you start as it goes together much like a stir fry with one ingredient after the other until it is done.
Start out by sauteing the onions and garlic. Then add fresh parsley and cook for a few minutes.
Next add the tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer for 3 minutes.
Add the liquid ingredients.
Then the seafood, stir, and cook for 10 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and serve with hot crusty bread to make sure you can sop up all that delicious broth. Take a bite and savor the flavor. You’ll be wishing you made more but it’s a long winter so there’ll be plenty of time to make it again in the months to come.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 oz clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1-4 drops of hot sauce (depending on heat desired)
- 1 lb. firm white fish fillets such as cod, halibut, tilapia
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined, cut in half if using large shrimp
- 1/2 lb. sea scallops, cut in half
- In a large pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add clam juice, wine, seasonings, fish, scallops and shrimp. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls immediately and serve piping hot.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!