Our Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan dinner is a quick and easy recipe for any night of the week. Just cut up ingredients, toss in olive oil and a little cajun seasoning, spread on a cookie sheet and bake. A delicious dinner in a jiffy with little clean-up needed.
This past month has been so topsy turvy with the house turned upside down with the installation of new kitchen cabinets and tile floor. And there was no oven! How does a food blogger get along with no oven? I will tell you it was a real challenge to find things for dinner so we didn’t have to eat out every night. You know how expensive that can get!
All I can say is thank goodness for microwaves and grills! I learned to cook microwave eggs for breakfast, which are really super good and so fast, and we had lots of grilled fish like salmon with orange sauce and seared tuna. It wasn’t really much of a hardship except for living in just a couple rooms of our house for a month.
I am so glad to finally have my oven back but, with so much to put back in place and cleaning up all the dust and debris, I wanted something quick and easy. So I knew what to make – a sheet pan dinner!
If you’ve never made a sheet pan dinner you’ll be surprised at how easy and delicious they are and with hardly any fuss. You can use just about anything you have in your cupboards and refrigerator and dinner always seems to come out over-the-top yummy!
The sheet pan dinner today was a combination of chicken & apple sausage, onions, sweet peppers and apples tossed in a little spicy cajun seasoning. You can also add potatoes which I omitted because we are trying to watch our carb intake.
Now, up to this point, this dish is super healthy and I love it this way but I also wanted just a little more spice tonight so I tossed in a package of chorizo to kick it up a notch. It turned out just the way we like our food, spicy and delicious, and we didn’t even miss the potatoes!
And you know what one of the best parts is about this meal? When it’s all gobbled up you’ll only have one cookie sheet to clean up. Now how great is that! I hope you give it a try, I know you’ll love it!
- 1 pkg Chicken Apple Sausage, thickly sliced (about 12 oz)
- 1 pkg Chorizo (about 6.5 oz)
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut in wedges
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 apples, cut in wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place cut-up sausage, chorizo, onion, peppers, apple and potatoes, if using, on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and Cajun seasoning and toss with hands until all is well coated.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!