Rich & Fudgy Gluten Free Brownies

Gluten Free Brownies | 2CookinMamas

Not only are these some of the fudgiest brownies I have ever made but some of the easiest. Especially so if you make the dry mix ahead of time and store it away until you need it.  I only experimented with this mix because I like to have something on hand in case my daughter and her family show up. My little grandson is always up for chocolate, and being that he has me wrapped around his little finger, I love to have a little treat ready for him whenever he visits. But I was surprised that not only did he really like them but my husband, daughter and son-in-law raved about them as well. They are a rich and decadent dessert and, if you serve them warm, with vanilla ice cream, it just puts them over the top.

Gluten-Free Brownies

Gluten Free Brownies prep | 2CookinMamasIngredients:

Dry Mix

• 1/2 cup Namaste flour
  • 7/8 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, gluten-free
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Liquid Ingredients

• 1 stick butter, room temperature
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Gluten Free Brownie Mix | 2CookinMamas

Mix all dry mix ingredients together. At this point you can store in a jar with tight fitting lid until needed. Or you can place a label on the outside with directions for brownie mix and give as a gift.

To prepare brownies

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish with nonstick spray.

Whisk together all liquid ingredients in  large bowl. Add dry mix and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 25 minutes. When toothpick in center comes out clean it is done. Try not to overbake them as they will harden upon cooling.

Makes 16.

Tip: To change up the recipe, drop little bits of peanut butter over unbaked mix once you have poured it into prepared pan. Using a kitchen knife, swirl lightly. You can also swirl in Andes mints that have been softened a little in microwave or even raspberry jam.

Click here to print out the template of instructions to place on the jar when you give it as a gift.

☆ Featured Recipe☆  on Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Home.

16 comments

1. Caroline says:
    Just the recipe I was looking for! I've never used Namaste flour but wanted to bake for friends, so I might try this one out. Thanks for sharing!
    • Linda Warren says:
      My daughter is gluten free and has tried quite a few GF flours and Namaste is the one she likes the best. Hope you like the brownies they really come out quite fudgey and rich. Even the two grandsons, ages 3 & 4, loved them especially with the vanilla ice cream on top!
  2. dishofdailylife says:
    These look great! We had to eat gluten free for a couple years when my son was younger because of a wheat allergy problem (that we weren't sure if it was celiac...turned out to be an allergy he outgrew) but to this day, we still eat some gluten free foods, including brownies sometimes. Thanks for the recipe! I'd love it if you'd link it up with us at Tasty Tuesdays too!
    • Linda Warren says:
      I have just started to get into link parties and Tasty Tuesdays is actually one that I have posted in this week. Thank you for the invitation. You guys are great to host these parties!
    • Linda Warren says:
      I know the feeling - I actually make them when I know I am having company and only buy a pint of vanilla ice cream so there won't be any left over. I know you can find Namaste flour in Whole Foods and also on Amazon.com. It really is a nice blend and a lot easier than getting all the ingredients separately and putting it together yourself.
    • Linda Warren says:
      It is the perfect blend of 4 gluten-free flours and the necessary xanthan gum to mimic whole wheat flour in baking. My daughter and I have tried quite a few gluten free flours and this one was the best and easiest to work with and quicker than buying all the separate ingredients and mixing our own.
  3. Miz Helen says:
    Yum Brownies, I think I need one of those awesome Brownies! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week! Come Back Soon! Miz Helen
    • Linda Warren says:
      Thanks for featuring our brownies on your Friday Favorites party. These really are moist and delicious and never seem to hang around long in our house.