These Banana Pudding Brownies are rich, fudgy, and chewy with delicious, creamy swirls of banana pudding cheesecake in every bite. Not to mention the 'nilla wafer crunch that will make these a family favorite.
Calling all chocolate and banana lovers! This Banana Pudding Brownie recipe has all the chocolaty flavor of your favorite brownie mixed with a cream cheese-based banana pudding that will knock your socks off.
And, if you didn't already know, chocolate and bananas go so well together. Recipes like Chocolate Covered Bananas and Double Chocolate Banana Bread are stand-outs along with this scrumptious Banana Pudding Brownies with 'Nilla Wafers.
This recipe can be made in several different ways. The bars can be layered with the brownies on the bottom and the pudding on top, or the flavors can be swirled as I did. This Banana Pudding Brownie recipe follows the same swirl of flavors idea as my Key Lime Cheesecake Brownies both being great desserts for summer BBQs and casual picnics.
Brownie Mix - I like to use Ghiradelli as they make the most chocolaty, moist brownies. I follow the directions on the box for mixing them.
Oil - helps make the brownies soft and gooey
Egg - provides structure and helps bind the brownie batter together
Water - adds moisture and helps with gluten development
'Nilla Wafers - 'cause what's banana pudding without them?! The wafers add a little crunch and plenty of vanilla flavor to the brownies.
Banana Pudding Mix - adds banana flavor to the mix. Do not follow the directions on the package.
Cream Cheese - provides the creamy cheesecake quality to the pudding
Milk - adds moisture and creaminess
Egg - helps bind the banana pudding cheesecake together
How to Make Banana Pudding Brownies
Making Brownies & Banana Pudding
- Place brownie mix, egg, water, and oil into large bowl.
- Mix well. Add chocolate syrup packet if present.
- In another large bowl, combine milk, egg, and cream cheese.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add banana cream pudding.
- Beat until smooth and thickened.
- In an 8x8" square pan that has been sprayed and lined with parchment paper, pour half of the brownie mixture into the bottom and smooth top.
- Add dollops of banana pudding cheesecake on top of the brownie mixture.
- Sprinkle with broken up 'nilla wafers.
- Pour remaining brownie mix over banana pudding then finish with dollops of remaining banana pudding.
- Take a knife or long skewer and swirl the pudding mixture throughout the brownie batter.
- It should look like this when done.
- Sprinkle with broken up 'nilla wafers.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until center is set.
Pro Tip: DO NOT OVERBAKE! The brownies will lose their fudgy feature and become drier.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan then lift out and set on wooden cutting board. Cut into 12-16 brownies.
Creamy, fudgy decadence that will disappear fast! Serve as is or top with ice cream or whipped cream for the perfect summer treat.
Pudding - change it up altogether by subbing vanilla, pistachio, lemon, coconut cream, or Oreo cookies and cream flavored pudding for the banana cream pudding
Brownie mix - try a blondie mix for a totally new dessert
Nuts - for some extra crunch try chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds
Banana - add sliced fresh bananas in the middle or add chopped bananas to the pudding for even more banana flavor
Chocolate Chips - make the brownies doubly chocolaty with either dark, milk, or white chocolate chips
'Nilla Wafers - add mini 'nilla wafers to the top of the banana pudding brownie dish prior to baking. Place them so that when cut each brownie has one wafer. Note: The wafers will become very crisp.
These Banana Pudding Brownies with "Nilla Wafers will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
You can also cut and freeze them for up to 3 months.
More Brownie Recipes
Lemon Brownies - brownies don't have to be chocolate! These easy-to-make brownies are deliciously soft, thick, and fudgy with a tart, fresh lemony taste.
Triple Layer Brownies - start with a boxed brownie mix, set on a pretzel crust then topped with peanut butter and chocolate. A sweet and salty treat in one easy, decadent brownie!
Cannoli Brownies from Snappy Gourmet - are thick, fudgy chocolate brownies studded with chocolate chips with a delicious cannoli frosting on top.
Black Cherry Brownies - have just 2-ingredients, a can of black cherry soda & a brownie mix. Bake them and top with a black cherry cream cheese frosting for a real sweet treat.
Find more delicious desserts on 2CM!
LOVE QUICK & EASY RECIPES? FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, & PINTEREST FOR ALL THE LATEST RECIPE INSPIRATION! PLUS JOIN MY EMAIL LIST AND RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK.
- 1 box Ghiradelli Chocolate Supreme Brownie mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- 3.4 oz box banana instant pudding mix or use vanilla instant pudding and 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 to 1-½ cups crumbled ‘nilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (or what brownie box recipe calls for). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Line the pan with greased parchment paper extending over the edge to make it easier to lift the brownies out when cool.
- Prepare brownie mix according to recipe on box. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, egg and milk until well incorporated.
- Add banana pudding and mix again until smooth and thick.
- Pour half of brownie batter into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Dollop half of banana pudding on top of brownie batter.
- Sprinkle with half of the crumbed ‘nilla wafers.
- Add remaining brownie batter and dollop the rest of the banana pudding on top.
- Swirl with a knife to create a marble effect.
- Top with more crumbled ‘nilla wafers.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool completely in the pan. DO NOT TRY TO CUT THESE UNTIL THEY ARE COOL. You can place them in the refrigerator for easier cutting if you have the time.
- Lift them out, remove parchment paper and place on cutting board. Cut into 12-16 squares.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week.