These Caramel Apple Bars are perfect for fall. Easy to make with a base of cinnamon oatmeal crunch and topped with fresh apples that taste just like mom’s homemade apple pie. Of course, we had to add a caramel drizzle that really puts these cookie bars on a whole ‘nother level!
Our assignment this month for Creative Cookie Exchange is layered bar cookies. Don’t you just love bar cookies? They’re so easy to make and so yummy! You don’t have to make individual cookies, just plop the batter in a pan and bake. And, since it’s fall, I couldn’t think of anything more perfect than these caramel apple bars.
I’ve made some delicious bar cookies before, like my Chocolate Mint Cookie Bars and Pumpkin Chocolate Spice Bars, but being fall, I wanted to make something that used one of my favorite fruits, apples. Boy am I glad I did! These sweet treats are like a little apple pie that you can hold in your hand, with the added touch of caramel to put them over the top.
I can remember, as a child, how exited I was when we traveled to the cider mill about an hour from our house in northern New Jersey. It was always such a thrill to watch them bring the apples from the orchard and press them into fresh and delicious apple cider. And you got free tastes too! Now whenever autumn rolls around I always think of the crisp cool air and the smell of apples. And of course all the happy memories of family outings that centered around our trips into the country.
These caramel apple bars are my little piece of fall here in Florida since we won’t get any cool weather for another couple months. I can dream though as I take bites of these sweet treats! They are really easy to make and great for the kid’s after school snack.
And don’t forget to check out more sweet treats from our cookie exchange members below. Hope you enjoy!
The theme this month is Layered Bar Cookies–if you like crispy, crunchy, chewy, creamy or gooey layers packed into one cookie you have come to the right place!! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at email@example.com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month!
Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of our bloggers have made this month:
- Caramel Swirled Cheesecake Bars from The Spiced Life
- Hawaiian Layer Bars from Food Lust People Love
- Praline Pecan Coconut Shortbread Bars from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cookie Dough Brownie and Cheesecake Bars from Spiceroots
- Club Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bars from Our Good Life
- Nanaimo Bars from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Gooey Pumpkin Cookie Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Magic Peanut Butter S’mores Cookie Bars from Rhubarb and Honey
- Double chocolate caramel squares from Flours and Frostings
- Caramel Apple Bar Cookies from 2CookinMamas
- Layered cookies for Bappa from ISingCakes
- Churros Cheesecake Bars from A Baker’s House