This One Bowl Apple Cake is as easy as 1-2-3. Just put all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and bake. It comes out moist, delicious and fills the house with the aromas of apples & cinnamon.
I love the fall season! All that cool weather, OK, I might be exaggerating a bit for Florida but it’s a beautiful time of year here, and the yummy flavors and aromas of pumpkin and apples in the air.
I think it’s the change in weather that makes me want to run to my kitchen and start baking. And there are so many recipes that I love to make that I sometimes don’t even know where to start. I make my usual Caramel Apple Bars, Pumpkin Chocolate Spice Bars and, of course, the Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie but, for those that want something besides pie for the holiday, this recipe for Apple Cake is perfect.
I first had this delicious cake at my mother-in-law’s home many years ago and just had to get the recipe from her. I’ve been making it every year since then, it’s that good! It’s surprisingly easy to make, using just one bowl (hence the name), and comes out so moist and full of apple and spice flavors that you’ll want to bake it up again and again.
This one bowl apple cake makes a great holiday dessert and, if you must, yes you must, put it over the top, serve it a la mode with maybe, OK definitely, a drizzle of caramel sauce on top. I’m drooling just thinking about it.
So what are you waiting for? Get in that kitchen and bake up this fantastic Apple Cake for a Thanksgiving Day dessert or you can freeze it for when that unexpected company shows up at your door.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups apples, diced
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease & flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients in order given. Batter will be very thick.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until pick in center comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack to cool for about 20-30 minutes. You want it to be firm enough to not fall apart when it is inverted. When cool enough remove from pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar just prior to serving.
Get ready for all your holiday baking by following our Christmas Cookies Galore board. Everything you’ve been craving and then some!