Nothing says summer like an ice cold popsicle! And these fruit popsicles are easy to make, healthy, refreshing & chock full of delicious sweet fruit!
Today, I was inspired by my 2 year old son, to make something cool and sweet to get us through the summer heat. So we set off to make some homemade fruit popsicles that are both easy to make and healthy too! Of course, you don’t have to let the kids know that part.
All you need are your favorite fresh fruits of the season and some popsicle molds. I used watermelon as a base since it does not have a super strong flavor and lets the other fruit flavors shine through. It also is comprised of a ton of water which helps it freeze well and hold the fruit popsicles together.
I chose the fruits that my son likes best, banana (always and in everything), peach, blueberries and tried the kiwi for an extra pop of pretty color but you can change them up to suit your child’s taste. He loved them and I felt good about letting him have one whenever he wanted. I can see that as he gets older he can help me put the fruit into the molds and create his own flavor sensation.
Keep cool and enjoy!
- 2 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 1 banana, peeled & sliced
- 1 peach, peeled & cubed
- 2 kiwi, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Place watermelon into blender, puree & set aside.
- Place 2 slices each of banana, peach, & kiwi into a popsicle mold, followed by some blueberries. Use popsicle stick to mix fruit together and push against the mold walls.
- Fill molds with watermelon puree, add sticks, and freeze.
- To remove popsicles, run hot water over outside of mold until loosened.
More great popsicles you can make from some of our favorite food bloggers:
- How to Make Fruit Popsicles from PopSugar
- Fresh Fruit Pops by the Nerd’s Wife
- 4-Ingredient Strawberry Cream Pops by Hungry Girl por vida
Check out more great recipes for summer on our Cool Refreshing Summer Recipes pin board.