This easy 2-ingredient caramel fudge is rich, smooth, and tastes amazing! Sweet caramel sauce meets rich white chocolate in a decadent fudge that practically makes itself. And all in less than 10 minutes! It’s an irresistible sweet tooth-satisfying treat that’s perfect for every day or the holidays.
FYI - This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All links are products I use when making my recipes.
Table of Contents
There is nothing better than enjoying a piece of homemade candy. The flavors, textures, and the love it is made with all come through on that first bite. I love making it for holidays, like my famous peanut brittle, that everyone just waits for every year, or just having fun with the kids and making homemade lollipops that come out way cooler than the store-bought ones.
From the silky richness of homemade champagne truffles to the crunchy deliciousness of Chocolate Covered Toffee, the flavors and textures of homemade candy are definitely something to savor and enjoy.
Why This is the Best Recipe for Caramel Fudge
Easy - just 2 ingredients is all it takes!
No condensed milk
Quick - takes less than 10 minutes to prep
Microwave - no cooking on the stovetop
Make it your own - simple to change flavors by swapping an ingredient or adding one
- Dulce de Leche
- White Chocolate Chips - Nestle brand has always given me consistent results.
How to Make Caramel Fudge
- Pour the white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the chips in 30-second intervals until they are just melted and smooth.
- Add the dulce de leche and stir until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into a square 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cool it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove it from the pan and slice it into 1-inch squares.
- Be sure to line the pan with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil for easy removal.
- Do not overheat the chips (over 240°F) when melting them or it will cause them to separate.
- If you can’t find dulce de leche, other thick caramel sauces can work. Just avoid any caramel sauces that contain water.
- Don't use a serrated knife to cut the fudge into pieces because it will leave ridge marks on the side. You want the slices to have smooth sides.
- Use a ruler as a guide to cut the fudge into the same-sized pieces.
This 2 ingredient caramel fudge recipe is so easy to customize for other flavors. Plus you can add 1 ingredient and make it a 3 ingredient caramel fudge recipe. Here are some ideas:
- Caramel Apple Fudge - Add ½ cup of chopped dried apple chips.
- Chocolate Caramel Fudge - Use milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Caramel Fudge - Use peanut butter chips instead of white chocolate chips.
- Pecan Caramel Fudge - Add ½ cup of chopped pecans.
- Salted Caramel Fudge - Add ¼ teaspoon of regular salt or sea salt.
- Vanilla Caramel Fudge - Use white vanilla-flavored melting wafers. Or add 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Note that vanilla paste works best because vanilla extract is a liquid and can cause chocolate to break.
How to Store and Freeze
Storing: Place the fudge in an airtight container with parchment paper between layers. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Freezing: Place the fudge pieces on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet with space between them. Freeze until solid. Transfer the frozen fudge to a freezer-safe container or plastic freezer bag. It will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw it in the fridge overnight.
More Caramel Desserts
- Caramel Apple Bars
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie
Find lots of easy dessert recipes right here on 2CM!
2-Ingredient Caramel Fudge
- 13.5 ounces Dulce de Leche (1 can)
- 20 ounces White Chocolate Chips (Nestle recommended)
- Prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, microwave white chocolate chips for 2-minutes, stirring in 30-second increments. They should be creamy and smooth when done.
- Immediately add the Dulce de Leche to the melted chocolate and stir until combined. The mixture will be thick.
- Pour the caramel mixture into the prepared pan and flatten and spread with a spatula to even it out.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Slice into 1-inch pieces for serving.