Craving an afternoon snack? Trying to be healthy? These easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites are not only no bake & delicious but good for you too! They're chock full of chia seeds, flax seeds, peanut butter & "greens" powder to give you an energy boost and some to spare.
Do you get a craving for an afternoon munchie, that "pick-me-up or I am going to fall asleep at my desk" feeling? Well, don't go and blow your diet, or as I like to call it, your healthy living eating, just grab one of these oh-so-good-for-you no bake energy bites. No guilt, just a bite of energetic deliciousness!
There are so many things that are good for you in these little bites that you will not only be energized but feel good about yourself too! Have around 3PM and you won't be hungry until dinner, I promise! But you don't have to stop there - you can grab one for a quick breakfast or even dessert too!
So, what's so good about these little nuggets of energy anyway? Check it out - it's just crazy!
- Oats: contain a concentrated source of fiber and nutrients that help lower cholesterol levels & boost the immune system. The antioxidant compounds found within help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and certain cancers.
- Peanut Butter: is full of protein and fiber that keeps you feeling full longer & helps you avoid overeating. It also contains Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant & B6, an immune boosting vitamin.
- Pecans: are rich in fiber which boosts heart health, phosphorous which helps strengthen bones & teeth, oleic acid that can lower the risk of breast cancer as well as a slew of anti-inflammatory & anti-cancer properties.
- Chia & Flax Seeds: are plant-based foods, high in omega 3's, that can reduce the risk of diabetes & heart disease, boost immune system and support a healthy complexion as well as aid in weight loss.
- Cocoa Powder: contains powerful antioxidants that can aid in decreasing blood pressure while the fats are shown to increase good cholesterol.
- Barlean's Greens: contains a super-concentration of greens, fruits and vegetables in powder form. Provides whole food nutrition with powerful antioxidants & free radical fighting power.
- Honey: is a ready-to-use energy source that maintains blood sugar levels and aids in muscle recuperation after a workout. It's antioxidant properties help rid the body of free radicals thus helping to prevent cancer and heart disease.
So what are you waiting for? These are easy to make, there is no baking required and they are over-the-top healthy and so delicious that you'll swear they must not be good for you. But they are! 🙂
Love healthy snacks? Check out our Peanut Butter Balls, Lemon Chia Seed Protein Bars and our Healthy Trail Mix Granola Bars.
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (Use gluten-free oats if needed)
- ⅔ cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes*
- ½ cup fresh peanut butter
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 scoops Barlean’s Greens Chocolate Silk flavor
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients together in a medium bowl and mix well. I used my hands to make sure peanut butter was well distributed.
- Place in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Once chilled, use your hands to form balls. If dough is not wet enough to hold together just add a bit more peanut butter. If too wet, add more oats.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven
Leave a Reply