Take your deviled eggs up a notch with this secret ingredient. Our Deviled Eggs with Bacon are the perfect side dish for picnics, potluck and barbecues.
It's barbecue season and time for picnic goodies like these deviled eggs! But I didn't want to make just regular deviled eggs, no sirree bob, I went one step further and made them more awesome by making them with bacon! Yep Deviled Eggs with Bacon (and a secret ingredient) - you'll think you finally found nirvana!
Deviled eggs are one of the first things I think of when planning a picnic. It doesn't matter if you are going to a park or grilling in your own backyard, these little bites of goodness are always on the menu. I love to serve them with Rodeo Burgers, Roasted Potato Salad and some baked beans or, if I'm having a big get together, serve them as hors d'oeuvres.
They are quick & easy to make, perfect for bringing as a potluck item, and loved by just about everyone. I think my first memory of deviled eggs was when my Mom made them for our monthly trips to the Jersey shore. We would always stop on the way and pick up some fresh cold cuts and rolls from the Jewish deli just outside of Ocean Grove then pick our spot on the beach, spread our blankets in the sand, and chow down on some of the best tasting sandwiches and deviled eggs I've ever had. Maybe it was that beach air but it still lingers in my mind today as a mouthwatering repast.
Put these on your list for Memorial Day - you'll be glad you did!
DEVILED EGGS with BACON
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup bacon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2-3 pcs cooked bacon, crumbled
- Hard boil eggs in your preferred style. I love using my egg cooker where the eggs come out perfectly every single time. If you don’t have an egg cooker, just boil about an inch of water in the bottom of a saucepan, place eggs in a steamer basket, cover pan, and steam for 15 minutes.
- Place cooked eggs in refrigerator to cool.
- Once cool, peel eggs, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out egg yolk into small bowl.
- Mix with bacon mayonnaise and mustard until creamy.
- Fill depressions in egg whites with yolk mixture then sprinkle crumbled bacon on top. Sprinkle with a little paprika for extra color, if desired.